Birthday cakes on board?

The 7 Dwarfs

On your cruiser personalizer, you can state who is celebrating what and on what day you want to celebrate it. You get a card on that day, and you bring it to your dinner venue and give it to your waiter. They will bring you out a slice of cake, but it's not a whole cake for the whole family.

They are supposed to decorate your cabin door with a little poster and balloons too. We stated on our cruise we were celebrating an anniversary, and while we got the card, we never got the poster or balloons, even though other people near us did. Something really strange with our cabin steward.

The birthday cakes on the Royal were yummy chocolate cake enough for four slices or so...our waiters also brought ice cream. We registered the birthdays on the cruise personlizer and as we had Anytime Dining we were given a card our stateroom that was to be given to the head waiter in the birthday, who then had the cake brought over, with a candle and singing!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

They are supposed to decorate your cabin door with a little poster and balloons too. We stated on our cruise we were celebrating an anniversary, and while we got the card, we never got the poster or balloons, even though other people near us did. Something really strange with our cabin steward.

If we have indicated a celebration aboard in the personalizer, we always check with the cabin steward on embarkation day to make sure it is on his list.

If we have indicated a celebration aboard in the personalizer, we always check with the cabin steward on embarkation day to make sure it is on his list.

We got the card, so for sure we were on the list; it made it even stranger that we didn't get the poster and balloons.

You can also order a larger birthday cake if you check with the maitre d. There is a charge with this larger cake, but they are really gorgeous and worth the price if you have a large party celebrating. The ones that Princess provide free of charge are very very good! They can serve up to 4 very tiny slices!

We ordered one in advance because the day we boarded was my young grandson's birthday and we wanted to make sure a cake was available on the actual day. Little kids find that important :D. I think we paid $1 a person. The cake we got was, well, gorgeous. It had fresh fruit in the middle, had his name on it and was probably one of the best cakes I've ever eaten. It was a quarter sheet and I think we paid around $20 for it. We got to take the rest back to the cabin. I thought it was great value.

I also heard another cruiser say he order a larger cake on board to celebrate his anniversary. Even though his was free it probably wasn't as fancy, but it was a regular size cake he told me.

We received the chocolate cake for DH's birthday. It was more than enough for two. Certainly more than "a slice" as someone posted. It was delicious and yes ask for some vanilla ice cream....next time I am saving more room ! Didn't expect it to be that good!;)

Edited by eandj

I have said it before, but will say it again......Princess is the best when celebrating a special occasion. They give you door decorations, cake and card. Took this for granted and thought it was the norm until we sailed Royal Caribbean and Celebrity when celebrating and found passengers had to purchase "Celebration Packages"....way to go Princess;);)