Crashing a Cruise....suggestions?

littleville

You guys are doing a lot of speculation. What if the brothers had asked them to go along and they couldn't because of work or money. So the sisters found a way to join them. Some people actually want to cruise with their family. We've been doing it for over 20 years and those are some of the best times ever. Maybe the sisters live on a different coast then the brothers or school obligations kept them from going. Maybe someone was too sick to travel and got a reprieve.

Seriously people. You don't know the situation and you are making this first time poster feel like she's a low life for wanting to surprise her brothers. She asked for ways to surprise them - not for your permission to do so.

By happenstance, my sister and I ended up on the same cruise. A long story.

My husband did not know this was going to happen. Port of embarkation, Venice... DH and I were walking around, and Sis and her husband walked RIGHT past us (learned later) and we didn't even see them!

Our plan was to be on the upper deck for sail-away. Spot them, and very slowly creep up to them....And surprise!

We were on our way to go upstairs and DH looked at a man, did a double take, and said 'that guy looks like Joe"! Well it was. DH's jaw hit the floor. It was hilarious.

Just to add, surprisingly, I am one of those who doesn't want anyone I know on my cruise as well, but this was how it worked out. Was fine...

While there are some that wouldn't like to be surprised/joined on a cruise, others would relish the idea. It is a matter of personal preference.

The OP knows her bothers and said in the original post that they were going to enjoy their sister's company. She asked for our help in planning a great surprise. Please don't rain on her parade.

While there are some that wouldn't like to be surprised/joined on a cruise, others would relish the idea. It is a matter of personal preference.

The OP knows her bothers and said in the original post that they were going to enjoy their sister's company. She asked for our help in planning a great surprise. Please don't rain on her parade.

Thanks for this post.

This is how I feel. She is excited and enthusiastic and the negativity expressed is sad.

Assumptions about strangers are always unpleasant IMO

Seems to me I read someone above make comment about involving the parents...... how do we know these sisters and brothers are fortunate to still have their parents or anything about a possible relationship. We go too far when we make 'family assumptions' about strangers IMO

I know I'd be so happy were I ever able to cruise with my sister. She died before we started cruising though she started cruising in the mid seventies. She sailed on great ships such as Leonardo da Vinci and DH and I would give anything to have sailed with her.

Do it while you can..... if you can.

Edited by sail7seas

I guess I'm a "party pooper" as well. I know that last thing I'd want is to run into someone I know on a cruise, be it a relative, friend, or acquaintance.

I guess I am a party pooper also, because I am along with TinCan on this one. To coincidentally end on a ship with someone you know is one thing, but to have some "crash", as she describes it, your vacation is not positive, IMO. Could be more unknowns to the story, such as he asked her to join him and she declined with the idea of making it a surprise, or as someone said, maybe she knows he enjoys such things. But if this is without some sort of implied invitation, she would not be happy when she "crashed" me.

Sorry but I know I wouldn't want someone to crash my cruise. Of course you know your brothers so they may not mind.

Hope they weren't planing some down time away from their sisters.

Don

Even though i see my sisters every weekend from April- November, (camping) i would still love it if they crashed my upcoming cruise. OMG, What a blast we would have. Doubt it would happen since one is on the NCL Star as i type this and the other already made her plans for the Keys in March:(

OP, go for it and have a Great Time!!!!:cool:

A co-worker and her family were on the same cruise as me. She knew which ship I was going on but she did not tell me she was going to be on the same one. Originally she had booked a different cruise that left from San Juan, but she switched over to our cruise because her mother did not want to fly after 9/11. I found out from other co-workers after she had left to drive down to Florida that she was going to be on our ship. We only ran into each other three times.

I guess I'm a "party pooper" as well. I know that last thing I'd want is to run into someone I know on a cruise, be it a relative, friend, or acquaintance.

I go on several cruises a year with friends and family, so at least once per year my sister and I like to cruise where we don't know anyone and nobody is wanting to join in or have us join in on almost everything that's going on.

Unfortunately we have an aquaintance that just loves to cruise with us and has never taken the subtle hints that we just want to get away by ourselves. She will go out of her way to try and find out when our next cruise is.

We generally don't tell anyone about our private cruise until just days before we leave so there is little chance that this person will crash our cruise.

I wish the OP the best in setting up this surprize. I would probably try to find out what their cabin number is and what time they plan on boarding. I'm usually one of the first to board, but in this instance I would probably board as late as possible.

Or, if they are going in a day early, surprize them at the hotel then they can all board together.