Help Me Choose

I know it's all a matter of opinion, but which would you choose for a Christmas sailing? I know...very last minute, but we weren't sure we'd be able to go till now.

Choice 1---7 day Oceanview on the Sunshine (ports are Cozumel, Belize, and Mahogany Bay)

Choice 2---7 day Balcony (likely obstructed view) on the Legend (ports are Cozumel, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, and Mahogany Bay)

Things to note...

We have done all of these ports before. We've done both Oceanview and balcony before. We've sailed on the Legend before but not the Sunshine. Traveling will be myself and my 5 year old DS. We would be driving to either port (about 2 hours further to Tampa).

Thoughts?

I know it's all a matter of opinion, but which would you choose for a Christmas sailing? I know...very last minute, but we weren't sure we'd be able to go till now.

Choice 1---7 day Oceanview on the Sunshine (ports are Cozumel, Belize, and Mahogany Bay)

Choice 2---7 day Balcony (likely obstructed view) on the Legend (ports are Cozumel, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, and Mahogany Bay)

Things to note...

We have done all of these ports before. We've done both Oceanview and balcony before. We've sailed on the Legend before but not the Sunshine. Traveling will be myself and my 5 year old DS. We would be driving to either port (about 2 hours further to Tampa).

Thoughts?

given the info that you have done all the ports before and both oceanview and balcony, then I guess it comes down to whether you would prefer a 7 day cruise with 3 ports of call or 4, and whether or not you would like to sail on the Legend again, or try the Sunshine. Really I think this is something that only you can decide. Either way, both cruises sound great to me. Whichever you chose, Have a great one.:)

Well, if nothing changes before tomorrow when my TA is in, my choice just got easier. When I last checked the Sunshine the balcony rate for past guests wasn't showing up. Now it is. So we can get a balcony on the Sunshine for only $120 (total) more than the Legend.

Trading balcony for balcony and two hours less driving, there isn't much left to decide!

Thanks everyone for your input!

Good point regarding the Spirit class. I had an opportunity to tour the Spirit and she was a great ship and a great size. However, recently I've been picking the ship over ports because of my 6 yo DS. Sometimes you get both, sometimes not.

I'm glad your choice has been made easier.

while I cant speak for the sunshine, I have cruised the Legend before. We did LOVE the Legend. Its a perfect sized ship. My kids could swim, yes swim even on sea days in the pool. Never felt crowded (and we went during a school break time).

Legend is scheduled for a dry dock this spring. It is rumored to get the green thunder waterslide and a similar waterworks area to the Carnival Spirit (which is also in Australia- which is where the Legend will go in august).

The Sunshine to my knowledge only has 1 family pool- a huge downside in my opinion. Given the choice between the 2, I would def choose the Legend!!!

Well, if nothing changes before tomorrow when my TA is in, my choice just got easier. When I last checked the Sunshine the balcony rate for past guests wasn't showing up. Now it is. So we can get a balcony on the Sunshine for only $120 (total) more than the Legend.

Trading balcony for balcony and two hours less driving, there isn't much left to decide!

Thanks everyone for your input!

Certainly seems you've made a good decision all considered!

Expect to have a WONDERFUL cruise! :D

LuLu

~~~~