corkage fee question.........

thyme2go

Perhaps you had no other OBC? All of your expenses get charged to the credit card on file. If you have no other OBC to cover the corkage then it only makes sense it would be charged directly to the credit card. If you have other OBC (military credit, stockholder credit, etc.) then it "should" come out of that first.

We had $ 425.00 OBC when we started the cruise. It just means that they are very inconsistent with the way they charge. Our friends were charged to their credit card as well the cruise 2 weeks before us but charged to the OBC last month in LA. Go figure.

Theo

We had $ 425.00 OBC when we started the cruise. It just means that they are very inconsistent with the way they charge. Our friends were charged to their credit card as well the cruise 2 weeks before us but charged to the OBC last month in LA. Go figure.

Theo

This is the definition of inconsistency......Come on, Princess. :mad:

This is the definition of inconsistency......Come on, Princess. :mad:

I think that Princess needs to conduct a basic accounting class to standardize how the fee is paid. :eek:

Although not always charging the fee is okay with me. ;) I plan to pay the fee & consider it a bonus if not charged. Then we have more money to spend on other things that were not in our cruise budget. Either way they'll get our money but we prefer to use it for something else instead of corkage to drink wine in our cabin.

Theo

Not really sure what the difference is. The fee is the same, The fee is collected by Princess, the fee is charged to your credit card, a receipt is issued.

In LA, the fee is the same, the fee is collected by Princess, the fee is charged to your credit card (on file to cover all OB charges, minus any OBC) receipt is issued.

Not really sure what the difference is. The fee is the same, The fee is collected by Princess, the fee is charged to your credit card, a receipt is issued.

In LA, the fee is the same, the fee is collected by Princess, the fee is charged to your credit card (on file to cover all OB charges, minus any OBC) receipt is issued.

The difference is that if it is charged to your onboard account, OBC you may have can help offset the corkage charge as it would if you were paying the corkage fee in a dining room.

Another difference is that the onboard account is not sent on to the charge card company until the end of the cruise. If you are on a longer cruise and the charge is processed before boarding, it may become due to the credit card company before you return home.

Not really sure what the difference is. The fee is the same, The fee is collected by Princess, the fee is charged to your credit card, a receipt is issued. I know that.

In LA, the fee is the same, the fee is collected by Princess, the fee is charged to your credit card (on file to cover all OB charges, minus any OBC) receipt is issued. I know that too.

The difference is that the OP asked if it was charged to the OBC or to the Credit Card and I just gave the OP my answer.

To me it does not make any difference whatsoever but obliviously it makes a difference to her/him for her/his own reason.

Theo

The 'reason' I asked this question was to have the answer---which I thought was a simple......"yes, into your folio goes the charge". If the boat is a 'cashless' venue and already has my credit card number.........why do they need to step outside of that to charge a purchase for something used on the ship? At a restaurant, they don't charge the corkage the minute you present the wine and then run a separate charge for your meal.

I had never thought I was gambling before I got on the ship.....but apparently so. It's my credit card that is the ante. It's already in their system, so why do they need it, or another one, to charge corkage and run that charge seperately? Makes no sense whatsoever, except as a revenue stream which benefits Princess, not the traveler.

Caribill made additional points about the negatives of billing separate from the ship's folio.

Edited by thyme2go
additional info

What I would like to know is how to remove a thread that you have participated in out of the "Participated" section on the App. It would be nice once the thread starts the downward spiral not to get the notifications of new post.

Eat more BACON

Maybe it has to do with the port and who's handling the security etc. I know Princess uses some independent contractors in order to do security screenings etc.

So far we've heard different answers based on different ports. Maybe an easier answer would be to figure out which port you're sailing out of and double check.

What I would like to know is how to remove a thread that you have participated in out of the "Participated" section on the App. It would be nice once the thread starts the downward spiral not to get the notifications of new post.

Eat more BACON

???:confused::confused:

Go to the thread tools near the top of the page and there should be an unsubscribe option.

Go to the thread tools near the top of the page and there should be an unsubscribe option.

I use the CC version of Tapatalk & do not "Subscribe" to any threads.

There's a "Participated" tab which shows any threads I've posted in however "Settings" does not have a function to delete a "participated" thread but only to remove a "subscribed" thread. I agree with 'Anthony63' that it would be good to have an option when I no longer want to view new posts on threads I previously "participated" in.

If anyone has a way to do it, please let us know. :)

I wish there was a way to inform them of the continuing problem on the CC Tapatalk that when selecting a thread it opens the next one down the list. Other techies I know have tried to tell Tapatalk about this problem but run into a deadend & can only email CC which has done no good. It still works but it's frustrating to not have it open the correct thread. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

The difference is that the OP asked if it was charged to the OBC or to the Credit Card and I just gave the OP my answer.

To me it does not make any difference whatsoever but obliviously it makes a difference to her/him for her/his own reason.

Theo

And I provided that answer in my first post. Where I don't see any real difference is whether or not it is paid for by OBC, OBA or another credit card.

And I provided that answer in my first post. Where I don't see any real difference is whether or not it is paid for by OBC, OBA or another credit card.

Between thread jacking to Tapatalk issues and your comment......all I can say is since this issue isn't a concern of your's, feel free to wander away. Troll and Tapatalk. :rolleyes: So, for those that HAVE been helpful, thank you! It's clear there is no consistency and no one knows what will happen until you get to the ship.

Between thread jacking to Tapatalk issues and your comment......all I can say is since this issue isn't a concern of your's, feel free to wander away. Troll and Tapatalk. :rolleyes: So, for those that HAVE been helpful, thank you! It's clear there is no consistency and no one knows what will happen until you get to the ship.

"Have been helpful", or just agreed with your real agenda, which is to slam Princess for not being "consistent".

"No one knows what will happen until you get to the ship". That is an inaccurate statement. I know exactly what will happen - I will pay corkage on all bottles beyond those allowed, charged to my OBA, which is what I posted in my original response.

"Have been helpful", or just agreed with your real agenda, which is to slam Princess for not being "consistent".

"No one knows what will happen until you get to the ship". That is an inaccurate statement. I know exactly what will happen - I will pay corkage on all bottles beyond those allowed, charged to my OBA, which is what I posted in my original response.

Good for you.

Theo