Arriving in nyc

acallahan

We are going on the gem the 14th. What time should we plan to arrive at the port. We are coming from ct and were thinking about leaving at 7 and with no traffic would put us at the port about 10. Is that too early

It's a good time to arrive. You'll have to wait to board, but as noted above, you should be in one of the earliest boarding groups. Have a great trip!

I arrived at 12:15 and the baggage men were swift. Traffic guards made it super easy for drop off (if you are getting dropped off).

I've seen people wait at 9 am (while I'll was disembarking), in the waiting room. They were already checked in, with room keys, daily freestyle, etc. They just had to wait in the terminal (is it called a terminal?? :D:D).

There shouldn't be much traffic depending on where in CT you're coming from. 95 can be a disaster, but once you hit the West Side Highway it should be all clear. I take that ride down everyday for work on Sundays. ;)

When leaving for our Breakaway cruise the other week, we took a cab from our hotel on 36th Street at 11am to the port and the cab driver first tried to take us to the second level entrance through the ramp. The traffic was terrible and I asked to drop us near the ground level exit/entrance. At 11:30am the luggage leaving process was a bit chaotic as there was only one man handling the process.

You will most likely be OK. I for one am always on pins and needles. I am the guy hanging out at 8:00 am waiting. And I even stay a bolck or two from the pier the night prior.

Take into consideration any common occurances, like a flat tire on the way there. Busted radiator hose. Forgot you wallet or passport at home, etc...

I would rather hang out people watching for a bit or watching the supplies being onloaded, than to be wondering what could be a snag in my longawaited vacation.

Jon

Edited by NH Cruisers

We arrived at 10 last Sunday, and it was perfect. Very easy dropping off luggage, getting inside, and very little waiting in lines. By 1030, it was getting quite busy, and by 11 o'clock it was crazy. 10 o'clock is definitely the best time to arrive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We will be sailing together! We are in enfield and will leave around 8. Less than two and a half hours. We take the Merritt Parkway and never have any problems. Like it so much more than 95. We should be in the terminal between 10:30 and 11.

Hoping for dry sunny travel weather.