New Sample dinner menu posted!

Hgu314

That's not a bad idea. Most times, I don't like what they give me as a side. And if and when any of us order two, we certainly don't need double sides.

I admit, I like to order multiple main dishes, and I do feel guilty if I waste the sides, so I try not to, resulting in eating more. I like the variety of a cruise menu but I don't need so many potatoes, etc.

As far as sharing with strangers goes, I don't really expect these sharing plates to be all that large; again, to curtail waste. I'm thinking plates that may be enough for 3 - 4 people; so if your intent is truly to share amongst a large mixed group you'd probably order 2 - 3 of the same dish to cover everyone, and if not 1 may be sufficient for your family.

I'm willing to accommodate smaller portions in order to have good quality and nice variety. I hope the cultural / port inspired menu is a fact; would like to see that.

Again, these are my opinions based off things I would like and/or think would be reasonable or nice to see. They aren't facts in the sense that I know something from the cruiseline that no one else does.

Sometimes, depending on the venue we dine at. Some restaurants do sit you at a large table with others, it's their "dining style" and we expect this going there. But it's just large bowls and plates that get passed around the table and you put some of its contents onto a clean plate in front of you. I'm sure for those who don't like the idea of this "sharing with strangers" ATD will be available and you'll be seated with the party you came with unless otherwise requested.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

Hmmm....Maybe the Dillard House (Dillard, GA), Smith House (Dahlonega, GA) or Beaver House (Statesboro, GA)? Been to all 3 and the food was fantastic every time!:D

Am I missing something? I don't see where it says there is a charge?

"if you are with your family and along with the individual appetisers you ordered you fancy something to “share” then you can and yes at bugger all extra charge."

Maybe I need a translation.

"yes at bugger all extra charge". In Brit talk that means NO CHARGE. :rolleyes:

Thank you! "Bugger" is not in my normal vocabulary. :)

Since my husband and I like tables for two, I don't think family style dining will be very useful for us.

Edited by CruisinCrow

He wrote 'at bugger all extra charge'

Bugger all is British slang for nothing, meaning 'no extra charge'.

Hey people, it is what it is and no amount of whining, complaining, waxing poetic about days gone by, and wishful thinking is going to change that.

Wait until you actually experience it and then vote with your wallet if it doesn't suit you.

It all sounds wonderful to me and I hope the new dining room changes will be on one of my upcoming cruises.

Me, I plan to enjoy myself no matter what kind of changes they make to anything.

I'll be cruising on a beautiful ship with more choices than I'll have time to even sample.

Edited by PresDuLac

But he was born, raised and still lives in Britain.

Being born, raised and never intending to leave South Georgia, I understand completely how it is. Whenever I go anywhere that Southernese isn't spoken, I get strange looks and lots of "what did you say?".

Hmmm....Maybe the Dillard House (Dillard, GA), Smith House (Dahlonega, GA) or Beaver House (Statesboro, GA)? Been to all 3 and the food was fantastic every time!:D

Lol, hit the nail on the head and I am a GA resident! :D

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

Menu for AMerican Feast looks good. Like the port of call option.

Looks like side dishes are making a come back as true sides to order; reduces waste and waist.

I look forward to seeing the non-American feast menu as well. Sounds good Carnival. Give me a pool deck live band and we can talk bookings.