Med Cruise - Does RCCL provide pool or beach towels?

Okay, this is a silly question, but I have to ask... does RCCL provide beach towels for the pool/beach (if we go to the beach at Nice)? Or is it best to bring your own. Towels are so bulky! But I do want to go sun in a Med beach!

This was a bad subject for us. On our Voyager cruise, they provided 4 beach towels for 4 of us. If you lose one, you pay $20. The problem was getting clean towels. There was none by the pool. There is a towel exchange but they never had any clean ones when we were there. You could also get them from the spa but they were always out too. The room attendant left clean ones in some of our group's rooms but ours kept saying they were hard to find. After 3 days (one sandy beach day) and no clean towels, I threw a small fit and our attendant somehow was able to get clean ones after that.

As of last May (2004) RCCL provided free towels by the pool... in Europe (Splendor of the Seas)

Don't remember about beach towels though, we had tons of tours and weren't thinking about the beach.

We went on the Brilliance med cruise in June. There were clean beach towels in our room on embarkation (which our steward replenished throughout the cruise) to take to ports as well as a plentiful number of beach towels by the pool.

Just returned from Splendour of the Seas and towels were available pool side. They were plentiful and easy to get. You did have to give your room number and were expected to return them or be charged. It was a non issue for us.

Just a note on the beach at Nice.....SMALL and ROCKY, and dirty looking. Frankly, staying on ship would be oh, so much nicer. It is very close to where the tenders dock, however, so if you don't plan to stay long, it probably would be okay. It is scorchingly hot there and you will quickly dehydrate. There are vendors selling drinks and quick foods, but they are quite expensive.

Thank you! Hmm.... maybe we'll just walk by the beach... being from Florida, I guess I don't really need to go to the beach.:D

Cyna - if you don't mind me asking, since you just returned from the Splendour, did you do any shore excursions?

Archived