Royal Princess E428

chamima

Has anyone stayed in this cabin?

It's listed as being partially obstructed but I wondered if it was one of the ones that people are reporting as not having any obstruction.

We're actually looking at it for the Regal for next year.

We were in E405 and the balcony was about 7 x 7 and absolutely no obstruction. We went on a cabin crawl and this balcony was about twice the size of a regular balcony room. We loved this location and our room! It was a DV category and we were above and between facets and meridian bay shops. it was very quiet and being in the center of the ship, it was easy to get everywhere. There is a bar/crooners on the other side below where you are looking--might be noisy? not sure...hope this helps!

We were in E405 and the balcony was about 7 x 7 and absolutely no obstruction. We went on a cabin crawl and this balcony was about twice the size of a regular balcony room. We loved this location and our room! It was a DV category and we were above and between facets and meridian bay shops. it was very quiet and being in the center of the ship, it was easy to get everywhere. There is a bar/crooners on the other side below where you are looking--might be noisy? not sure...hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply.

Are you saying you actually saw E428 and it's balcony on your cabin crawl?

Not so worried about the noise at night - we're late to bed people and are mostly annoyed by early morning noise. Thanks for pointing it out, though.

Has anyone stayed in this cabin?

It's listed as being partially obstructed but I wondered if it was one of the ones that people are reporting as not having any obstruction.

We're actually looking at it for the Regal for next year.

Your only obstruction would be the angle of the balcony, not being able to look forward along the ship! Nothing in front (like tenders) to block your view. Stayed in e438 on "madien caribbean"!

Here is a link to another thread here on CC regarding this cabin and it's twin on the starboard side, with a photo looking from the cabin out onto the balcony kindly posted by iceman2a (scroll down a bit for the link to the photo):

E428

As I mention in the other thread, though we did not get to see the cabin from the inside, we did look at it quite extensively from the promenade deck below, and there is no actual obstruction in front of the cabin itself. It also offers a partially covered/partially uncovered balcony that is one of the largest on the side of the ship.

The only cautions I would add are that E429 is above the Future Cruise office and one of the shops, while E428 is above the Crooner's bar. We choose E429 as we were concerned E428 might be a little loud in the late evening hours. Also, this is a standard cabin, not one of the new "Deluxe" cabins, and thus will not have the little love seat. This was not a concern for us, but thought I'd mention it.

Hope that helps. Best of luck.

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

Thanks!

It looks like we are following your cabin choices.

We have B736 on an upcoming Royal cruise in the Caribbean and were looking at E428 for the maiden voyage of the Regal. 429 is already taken.

I read the thread you sent the link to. I was also concerned about smoke but I read Dave's Patter from the current cruise and it says smoking is only permitted in the aft Port areas so shouldn't affect us.

I'll monitor our cruise and hope 429 opens up to switch.

Dave posted these pictures from his current cruise on the Royal.

I think 738 is the first cabin on the right in the first picture.

Never thought about people looking up to see the balcony ........

Port side and SeaView Bar

11208851966_c5f975050a_c.jpg

11208851976_fa4fbcf023_c.jpg

11208852566_f012a83be0_c.jpg

The seating areas

11208925904_89b134e8f1_c.jpg

11208925924_5f41d453ef_c.jpg

Where the man tripped on Embarkation Day, the elevated platform the piano sits on sticks out into the walking path

11208926314_15c556d6d2_c.jpg

Sunshine (or anyone else who has already stayed in one of these cabins)

Did you feel a lack of privacy from people looking up from the Promenade deck?

I did not stay in one of these cabins on the Royal, but we did discuss it when booking E429 next year on the Regal. Our thinking is that it wouldn't be all that different from the the Grand Class ships. We like the Caribe Deck balconies on those ships, and people in the Dolphin Deck minisuites can look up from their balconies. I never really feel a lack of privacy from them. Really only notice it when we all tend to be hanging out leaning on the railings when coming into ports or leaving port.

And we never saw very many people on the Promenade Deck on the Royal.

But, if this is the kind of thing that would bother you, it is something to consider.

Just my 2 cents, if it helps.

no, at times there were people sitting on the promenade deck on the outdoor furniture, but they never bothered us, and it really was very few people out there most of the week. (maybe at sailaways there were a few people out there standing at the railing)

i forgot to tell you, our balcony was NOT a angled balcony, it was perfectly square, about 7x7 (as best as we could measure!) This was one of the deluxe cabins and it did have a couch in the room.

I do have pictures if you want to see them, my email is in my signature.

I did not stay in one of these cabins on the Royal, but we did discuss it when booking E429 next year on the Regal. Our thinking is that it wouldn't be all that different from the the Grand Class ships. We like the Caribe Deck balconies on those ships, and people in the Dolphin Deck minisuites can look up from their balconies. I never really feel a lack of privacy from them. Really only notice it when we all tend to be hanging out leaning on the railings when coming into ports or leaving port.

And we never saw very many people on the Promenade Deck on the Royal.

But, if this is the kind of thing that would bother you, it is something to consider.

Just my 2 cents, if it helps.

no, at times there were people sitting on the promenade deck on the outdoor furniture, but they never bothered us, and it really was very few people out there most of the week. (maybe at sailaways there were a few people out there standing at the railing)

i forgot to tell you, our balcony was NOT a angled balcony, it was perfectly square, about 7x7 (as best as we could measure!) This was one of the deluxe cabins and it did have a couch in the room.

I do have pictures if you want to see them, my email is in my signature.

Thanks to both of you.

5:00 - Good point about the Caribe balconies with Dolphin below.

I wasn't so worried but when my husband looked at the deck plans he was concerned.

I also tried to line up where our cabin is with the elevators and came to the conclusion that we're pretty far back from the main seating area anyways.

I will still monitor 429 but feel much better about 428.

So again, thank you! :D

Never felt a lack of privacy. As others have stated, not a lot of people out there. Some sitting having a drink, there was another time when people were playing cards but no more lack of privacy than nieghboes using their balcony! I was standing at the balcony one day, my sister was walking by on the deck, she didn't even notice me until I called her.

• 11 months later...
Here is a link to another thread here on CC regarding this cabin and it's twin on the starboard side, with a photo looking from the cabin out onto the balcony kindly posted by iceman2a (scroll down a bit for the link to the photo):

E428

As I mention in the other thread, though we did not get to see the cabin from the inside, we did look at it quite extensively from the promenade deck below, and there is no actual obstruction in front of the cabin itself. It also offers a partially covered/partially uncovered balcony that is one of the largest on the side of the ship.

The only cautions I would add are that E429 is above the Future Cruise office and one of the shops, while E428 is above the Crooner's bar. We choose E429 as we were concerned E428 might be a little loud in the late evening hours. Also, this is a standard cabin, not one of the new "Deluxe" cabins, and thus will not have the little love seat. This was not a concern for us, but thought I'd mention it.

Hope that helps. Best of luck.

Hey Hi- You stayed in E429 Regal??? Can you tell me more about that room please- We were booked there then they gave us an upgrade that did not seem like much of an upgrade @E515 - Any advice or info appreciated. Do you have any pics of the room & view? THANKs

Edited by KareWe
add more

Hey Hi- You stayed in E429 Regal??? Can you tell me more about that room please- We were booked there then they gave us an upgrade that did not seem like much of an upgrade @E515 - Any advice or info appreciated. Do you have any pics of the room & view? THANKs

I'll be happy to share info on the cabin, but just realized the one thing I forgot while I was on board: to take pictures of the cabin and balcony. D'oh!

The cabin is a standard balcony, so was perfectly fine, but nothing "special". It was a little tight - we felt that it might have been just a touch narrower and shallower than standard balcony cabins on the Grand Class ships - but it was perfectly fine for us.

The balcony is the selling point: it has one of the largest balconies on the side of the ship, and was very comfortable; fully covered. The cabin is billed as an "obstructed view" but there was no obstruction directly in front of the cabin. There is a small life boat (not a full-sized tender/lifeboat) a few cabins aft/to the right, but it did not really interfere with our view at all. The midships portion of the "Promenade" is directly below, so there are also no obstructions (i.e., tenders) for several cabins forward/to the left, either. Also, we did not feel having the Promenade directly below was a problem at all in terms of noise or lack of privacy (and there was no smoking on this portion). We did note that at night there was a sort of obnoxious glare onto our balcony from tube-shaped lights mounted along the railing on the Promenade, but it wasn't all that big a deal; just a minor annoyance. There was no noise from deck 7 Directly below us (one of the shops is below the cabin, so no real reason for any noise, whereas the "mirror cabin" on the Port side, E428, is directly above Crooners, which we feared would be noisy.)

There has been much talk about the absence of a midships staircase, but we were pleasantly surprised that we did not find this a bother at all: the forward staircase is only about 20 cabins forward from the cabin, so just a very short walk. The midships elevators were busy during the evenings and we generally avoided them (but we do the same on other ships), but not too bad in the morning or even mid-day (other than the usual times, at Muster Drill, peak lunch time and shortly before all-aboard time on port days.)

All-in-all, we thought it was a nice cabin, especially for the "Obstructed view" price. Although, for our cruise on the Royal next year we did move up a deck in order to get a larger, Deluxe Balcony cabin and hopefully to get away from the tube lights on the Promenade.

Hope that helps, and sorry for the absence of pictures. Feel free to ask any specific questions that I may not have answered.

Happy cruising! :D

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

• 9 months later...

Hello Chamima. We are looking to book on the Regal. Cabin E428. I refer to your past posting for cabins E429 and E428. Did you actually stay in E428? We are wondering about the "partial obstruction" classification. Other reviews indicate there is nothing to really worry about looking straight out. Is this the case? Thanks.

Hello Chamima. We are looking to book on the Regal. Cabin E428. I refer to your past posting for cabins E429 and E428. Did you actually stay in E428? We are wondering about the "partial obstruction" classification. Other reviews indicate there is nothing to really worry about looking straight out. Is this the case? Thanks.

No, sorry, we didn't.

We've stayed in an aft cabin on Baja on the Royal and one of the regular small balcony ones on Dolphin deck.

Hopefully by now someone else will have stayed there and can help you.

(We have booked the aft cabin again for our next cruise. We found that the overhang eliminated most of the soot and as long as we were careful, that gorgeous large balcony and sound of the wake overrode the minor inconvenience of the soot for us.)

Edited by chamima

For our British Isles cruise on the Royal, we booked E437 and enjoyed the location, the so-called obstruction was not an issue. Easy access to the central elevators, though I prefer to walk and use the stairs. Quite often, weather/wind/seas precluded access to the promenade deck so privacy wasn't an issue. Even when there were passengers on the promenade, we never felt it compromised privacy.

The location of the mid-ship "obstructed" is a great value - and that statement is coming from someone who normally books a mini when sailing on Princess. In December we are on the Regal and booked E433 - slightly larger balcony, adjacent to E437.

Darcy

Never felt a lack of privacy. As others have stated, not a lot of people out there. Some sitting having a drink, there was another time when people were playing cards but no more lack of privacy than nieghboes using their balcony! I was standing at the balcony one day, my sister was walking by on the deck, she didn't even notice me until I called her.

this is funny. I have E428 booked for the upcoming Regal cruise. I didn't realize it's the same cabin my brother was in on the Royal. Guess I'll him more about it next time I see him. Maybe he has other pictures.

Edit: Just looked at his post again, he was in E438.

Edited by RMM34667

If you want to see some of the pictures regarding the view from the cabins on the Royal/Regal you can find them on my website. (see link below).

The cabins from E403 through E429 do not have an obstruction looking straight out. The picture I posted on my website reflects all those cabins.

Theo

If you want to see some of the pictures regarding the view from the cabins on the Royal/Regal you can find them on my website. (see link below).

The cabins from E403 through E429 do not have an obstruction looking straight out. The picture I posted on my website reflects all those cabins.

Theo

Renmar I actually did use your site when selecting my cabin. I have it bookmarked now. Your site is fantastic. Thank you for all the time you put into this.

I only would like to see more pictures to get an idea of the balcony size. And how awkward the angle is.