MDR Lunch on the Crown Emnarkation Day

MJSailors

Has anyone recently eaten lunch at a MDR on the Crown on embarkation day?

What dining room was open for lunch?

I spoke to a Princess rep on the phone a few minutes ago ,and if I am understanding correctly,lunch is not served at any dining room that day.

He suggested the buffet.

We wanted a more relaxing lunch.

Any info is appreciated.

There is one MDR that is typically open for lunch. You need to look at the Patter to find out which one for sure.

As for lunch on embarkation day, in the 4 embarkations we have had, we have had lunch only once in the MDR-and that was because we were in transit and on the boat when the MDR opened.

The MDR is only open from 12-1:30 usually. With slow embarkation we usually miss the MDR.

It is great if you can get it, though.

We wanted a more relaxing lunch.

Any info is appreciated.

Maybe try the International Cafe if you miss out on the MDR lunch? I'm hoping we make it on board in time as well, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'll cross my fingers for you to make it and have a relaxing lunch. ;)

Thank you for your input.

Since we are Platinum level,we hope to board around 11:30 .

That may give us

time to get to rhe dining room.

It is not a make or break deal for us,just something we thought we would try.

Looking forward to the cruise this Saturday!

I have always had lunch in the MDR on Embarkation Day. It has always been in one of the two midship dining rooms. I have found that the doors are often closed, but if you open them, and peek in, you will know which dining room is serving lunch.

Once the hostess attempted to dissuade us from having lunch in the MDR by redirecting us to the HC. We stood our ground and the head waiter came over an promptly seated us. That is the only time we have had an issue.

I am Platinum, so I can board reasonably early, but even before that, we always made it onto the ship in time for a nice lunch in the MDR!

Yes, lunch was served in one of the MDR from 12-1:30 pm and is a relaxing way to start your cruise. Better than the buffet and you don't have to fight for a table as most people go there first. Also it's relaxing to have lunch with friends or meet new people. My first choice. The staff may try and direct you to the buffet. Once, staff tried to tell me it was closed, and the time was only 1:25 pm.

Tom:)