What gives? (Maybe I'm not patient enough :) )

39 days out from our 5-day Liberty cruise. Happy with the D2 balcony room we bought (had it last time.. Freedom class D-balcony rooms are pretty roomy) but have been checking multiple times each day for JS's to drop in price.

Not only have they not, but they are more expensive now- despite the fact that hardly any (if any) have been sold. In fact, there are multiple cabins available in D's, E's, promenades, insides and multiple higher-end suites.

With only 39 days left to go, and SO much inventory, one would think they'd drop the prices, no?

39 days out from our 5-day Liberty cruise. Happy with the D2 balcony room we bought (had it last time.. Freedom class D-balcony rooms are pretty roomy) but have been checking multiple times each day for JS's to drop in price.

Not only have they not, but they are more expensive now- despite the fact that hardly any (if any) have been sold. In fact, there are multiple cabins available in D's, E's, promenades, insides and multiple higher-end suites.

With only 39 days left to go, and SO much inventory, one would think they'd drop the prices, no?

I think you're not being patient enough. I think it's too early.

Edited by wolfcathorse

They had JS price drops to $629 and $699 this month. I'm not sure what you are willing to pay. The Dec. 2 had quite a nice JS price drop just two weeks prior to sailing. So I'd say be patient and keep watching, if there are that many suites, I'm sure they will dangle that carrot.

I'm sailing her in February (D2) and also watching the prices and hopeful to move up.

Edited by Trekker954

I agree with the "be patient" crowd. We had a JS on Oasis in Sep. Only one Crown Loft (L-1 side view, not aft) had sold. I watched the prices daily. The ship sailed Sep. 28. On Labor Day, Sep. 2, 26 days before sailing, the CL came down over $1000 per person! It was only $150 per person for me to upgrade! I put a 24 hr. hold on the one I wanted (L-1 cabin 1750), emailed my TA, and she "worked magic" to get it. Turned out it was (and this is a big warning) "New Bookings Only, no other discount applies." However my wonderful TA not only got me the CL I wanted, she got it for $50 less than I saw it for, AND they applied my D+ Discount! Net result..... JS to CL ( L-1)...$150 per person!

So be patient, but read the fine print.

I am sailing this Sunday on FOS. A week ago the Jr. Suites went on sale for less than what I paid for my hump balcony. I called my TA who in turn called RCL. At first they said it would cost me about $1000 more and I in turn told my TA that it was on their web site for less than what I paid. I did not want a refund or on board credit, I just wanted to get the JS for what I paid for my E2 balcony. RCL finally agreed to let me have the JS and I am so excited! Just be patient and your cruise may post some sales as it gets closer.

Not necessarily.

We just came off the Liberty Monday. Like you, we had a D-Balcony booked and I kept checking to see if the prices would drop for JS. Abount 3-4 months before the trip they had all types of suites available or you could do a suite guarantee. The guarantee was only $200 more than our balcony, so I upgraded. Didn't have the room assignment until about a month before.

I looked periodically after we had upgraded. They only increased in cost.

Prices can do one of three things. Go up, Stay the same, or go down.

There is no way to predict what is going to happen. It simply is not possible.

Plus I have seen cruises where a lot of rooms are available, yet the prices go up, and cruises which so very little inventory, and prices go down.

No need to drop them until a few weeks ahead of the (free) upgrade window.

I use an automated price tracking site for my cruises. All cabins dropped in price about 2 weeks ago for a day. Last night there were some drops on insides and balconies, possibly cabins that opened up due to to people who got free upgrades. All suites are gone at this point (at least those than can fit 3 people, I didn't check accommodations for 2).

Makes sense to drop the expensive cabins in price about a month out to try and sell them ahead of the upgrade window. Once you hit a few weeks out, upgrade everyone and now you have some cheaper cabins available for those that like last minute deals.

Sounds like a First. World. Problem. :)

Edited by bouhunter