30 days out and no room assignment yet!

4merlurker

Booked an ov guarantee and I'm just about jumping out of my skin LOL

I've never been on carnival before and I've been researching the splendor like crazy and have dreams about which cabin I WANT - but, have no idea what I'm gonna get! :eek: According to the website there a a lot of rooms left in each category many are forward which has me pretty nervous because I am prone to seasickness. I take bonine and am usually fine but I've noticed that I feel more motion at the front and usually end up a little queasy if I'm there for a while (theater or whatever) but I've had aft cabins (rear facing) and have been just fine. :confused: On royal if you are assigned a guarantee they let you make changes....if I get a forward room will they let me switch to a diff location? (If not I'll survive)

The suspense is KILLING ME!!!! I still cant believe there are people who don't know until they get on the ship! Why would Carnival wait that long? Doing it at the last minute seems crazy unorganized to me. :eek:

I wouldn't worry too much about your assignment. My personal experience has been that the longer it takes them to assign the cabin, the better my chances of a good upgrade. I've sailed "Breeze" and didn't note any particular problem with motion. Take your bonine, (that's what my lovely wife does, and she has no problem) and enjoy a GREAT cabin. ;)

I don't know if you can change your cabin assignment after receiving the cabin assignment, or not? Never had that problem. ;)

"SKY"

The suspense is KILLING ME!!!!

I still cant believe there are people who don't know until they get on the ship!

Why would Carnival wait that long?

Doing it at the last minute seems crazy unorganized to me. :eek:

Thank goodness I don't book this way!

By the time I pay my deposit, I know exactly which cabin I'm booked in.

And I chose it from several that were available at the time I booked!

Edited by Aplmac

This is the first time I used the carnival website and when I booked the resident rate (great rate) it didn't offer me a choice. It was also the final payment date so I couldn't make any changes. Now when I look the res rate is still available but it's much higher and it now offers a choice but at an additional cost. This is my 1st guarantee. Yes, I could pay more at this point and pick my room but the only reason I chose carnival and this particular cruise was the low rate.

You won't get your cabin assignment until they close the ship which is typically about 2 weeks before sailing. If they have a lot of empty cabins you have a good chance of getting an "upgrade" (meaning higher deck) they don't normally move an oceanview to a balcony, but it does happen from time to time.

Afraid this is the penalty you pay for booking the TBA cabin rate.. you have to wait and see... but it does add to the excitement of getting close to your cruise date...

You won't get your cabin assignment until they close the ship which is typically about 2 weeks before sailing. If they have a lot of empty cabins you have a good chance of getting an "upgrade" (meaning higher deck) they don't normally move an oceanview to a balcony, but it does happen from time to time.

Afraid this is the penalty you pay for booking the TBA cabin rate.. you have to wait and see... but it does add to the excitement of getting close to your cruise date...

Stupid question here... What does "close the ship" mean?

As my PVP tells me: look at the deck plan, find the worst, most undesirable cabin that you can find. If you're OK with it, then the guarantee option is for you (also, if you get any cabin but the worst one, you'll be happy :))

Our first cruise was with a group. We booked a guarantee balcony and let Carnival pick the room. We got a good location on the port side and had a great time. NCL Hawaii this summer and next fall's Alaska, we chose a cabin location when booking to be on a specific side of ship - starboard. Have a great time.

Several years ago I booked a guarantee and did not receive my cabin assignment until I reached the port for boarding. If there are lots of cabins remaining unsold, I think they will wait and assign guarantees closer to sailing date, giving others an opportunity to choose the available cabins.

In the future don't book a guarantee if it's going to cause you this much stress.

We've had 1 and it was the worst cabin on the ship. Still a great cruise however.

Another time we had paid for a specific cabin and it was changed right at the port. That stunk, and we will possibly never sail that line again because of it.