Driving to Constellation?

TwoHearts22

Is pier parking at Pt Everglades close to Constellation berth?

What is the daily costs?

Any tips appreciated. We want to drive, park, and go on to another vacation the easiest way, with minimal transportation and walking factors.

Thank you in advance.

Trudy

If you are spending even 1 night before you cruise, stay at a hotel that offers parking for the duration of the cruise and a shuttle to the port.

We've done this many times and the cost of the hotel is generally less than the parking alone would be (especially at the port) and even more so the longer cruise you are taking--although if you are on a Connie 4 or 5 day the savings will not be as extensive.

Is pier parking at Pt Everglades close to Constellation berth?

What is the daily costs?

Any tips appreciated. We want to drive, park, and go on to another vacation the easiest way, with minimal transportation and walking factors.

Thank you in advance.

Trudy

We drive from a couple of states west of you. We used port parking a few times. In all but one of these times the ship was not near the closest garage and we had to take their shuttle bus. Crowded, not fun.

Then we discovered Park and Go on Eller drive right by the port entrance.

They were less expensive, secure, great service and a shuttle to your ship.

Will never go any other way, now.

We spend the night at the Holiday Inn Express on Hwy 84, arrived the

day before the cruise, and with a combination of local maps, the Garmin,

and exploration, we found a direct route from the motel to Park and Go

by using back streets.

(It's a very short distance.)

Park and Go shuttle from the ship was very convenient and they took us right along-side our our car. Very easy, no dragging bags around.

I will never leave my car in any hotel parking lot, not secure enough to suit me.

Edited by RVRCLC

RVRCLC, this is good news for us.

Is there any problem finding your Part-Go shuttle after getting off the ship?

Trudy

Not a bit. They told us where to look, but it was right in front of us.

It's well marked. You will, also, have a phone # (just in case, and just so you

don't worry about it). They are SUPER helpful.

P.S. We drove over there the night before, just to make sure of those

side streets and to know exactly where to go. I :( had to cancel our reservation

for January, they were very prompt, and nice about that too. We like it much better than the port shuttle and dragging bags around there.

Hi,

We are leaving on Connie next Monday, driving down from Jacksonville, FL. I found a fantastic deal at the Embassy Suites off of 17th, just about 1.5 miles from the port. It is through a company called Airport Parking Inc (on the web). It includes all 5 days and shuttle service to and from the ship. Total = $26.83.

If it works out as advertised I'll be crowing loudly when I return.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

2081 Griffin Road,

Dania Beach, Florida 33312 USA

Phone: 1-954-981-2700 Fax: 1-954-981-9125

Free parking and shuttle to cruise port.

Friends and I have stayed there several times and left cars during 2-week cruises and never a problem with the cars.

When booking your hotel room, go to their website and scroll down all

of their room prices.

You may find that you pay more for a room with cruise parking.

Check this additional cost against the price of a more secure alternative

before deciding where to leave your car.

We have used long term parking at hotels and have been

given a sign to leave on the dash.

The sign stated the dates the car would be there (an invitation to break in)

I have never seen a secure hotel parking lot, and I do have friends whose car was stolen from a hotel lot.

While on a cruise, my parents car was stolen from a hotel parking lot in Ft Lauderdale. It was found weeks later in Texas. :eek:

Edited by cluso
addition

A chain hotel--and I don't remember for sure, but maybe a Hampton Inn. We are using the port parking on Monday for the Connie.

Cluso, could you report back with your experience with parking when you return?

I am especially interested in distance to the terminal after you park.

Thank you and have a great cruise!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dawn,

We just returned from our cruise/trip.

Parking was a piece of cake. 5 ships in port. After going thru the port security gate (no lines), we drove 1 minute to the Constellation baggage drop off point at terminal 4. Took another 2 minutes to get in the very close parking garage ($15 per night). Terminal 4 entrance is right across the street from the garage. Terminal 4 is a big building, but has nothing besides ship boarding--no eating, shopping, etc. venues.

Returning, there were 7 ships :eek: in port. Immigration lines took about 1/2 an hour. I was going to wait at the baggage drop off point with the bags while my husband got the car, but unfortunately an ambulance was blocking the drive. We walked to the garage with our bags, but it was unclear where to go (the advice from the terminal traffic cops was poor). Ultimately, people had to drag their bags mid terminal and wait in line for the garage elevator to get to their floor (without using stairs).

Just a heads up, some people who used hotel or other parking venues with shuttles had a long wait due to all the ships in port. We were actually out of the garage quite fast after we figured out where to go. Just keep in mind every day is different. Have fun!

Hi,

We are leaving on Connie next Monday, driving down from Jacksonville, FL. I found a fantastic deal at the Embassy Suites off of 17th, just about 1.5 miles from the port. It is through a company called Airport Parking Inc (on the web). It includes all 5 days and shuttle service to and from the ship. Total = $26.83.

If it works out as advertised I'll be crowing loudly when I return.

Crowing Loudly!!

My parking worked out fantastically. For that one low Price I parked off site but a mere 3 miles from the pier for days days and night. When we arrived at the Embassy suites we checked in with the parking attendant, then self parked at the back of the Hotel. We waited about 20 mins for the shuttle. We arrived at the Parking lot at about 2:15 and were on board before 3PM.

Leaving the ship was just as easy. Once through Customs we called and within 20 minutes the shuttle was there to take us to our car. We left the ship at about 8:30 and were on the road before 9:30. No hassle, very convenient to the port, and the lot is secure.

Hi Dawn,

We just returned from our cruise/trip.

Parking was a piece of cake. 5 ships in port. After going thru the port security gate (no lines), we drove 1 minute to the Constellation baggage drop off point at terminal 4. Took another 2 minutes to get in the very close parking garage ($15 per night). Terminal 4 entrance is right across the street from the garage. Terminal 4 is a big building, but has nothing besides ship boarding--no eating, shopping, etc. venues.

Returning, there were 7 ships :eek: in port. Immigration lines took about 1/2 an hour. I was going to wait at the baggage drop off point with the bags while my husband got the car, but unfortunately an ambulance was blocking the drive. We walked to the garage with our bags, but it was unclear where to go (the advice from the terminal traffic cops was poor). Ultimately, people had to drag their bags mid terminal and wait in line for the garage elevator to get to their floor (without using stairs).

Just a heads up, some people who used hotel or other parking venues with shuttles had a long wait due to all the ships in port. We were actually out of the garage quite fast after we figured out where to go. Just keep in mind every day is different. Have fun!

Thank you so much for the detailed info!

How was your cruise?

Can't wait, only 34 days til we sail!