Oasis Class: Noise in internal balcony rooms?

NicknTab

Hello to all!

We are trying to plan a cruise on Oasis in 2015 and since it's so available, we were going to get an internal balcony room. However, we didn't want to get a nice surprise and find that the balcony room had tons of noise because it looks out over Central Park. Can I get a few responses from people who have been IN these rooms??

Please don't be THAT guy/girl who hijacks the post with conjecture or unrelated topics.

Hello to all!

We are trying to plan a cruise on Oasis in 2015 and since it's so available, we were going to get an internal balcony room. However, we didn't want to get a nice surprise and find that the balcony room had tons of noise because it looks out over Central Park. Can I get a few responses from people who have been IN these rooms??

Please don't be THAT guy/girl who hijacks the post with conjecture or unrelated topics.

Our daughter has a Central Park balcony a couple of years ago on Allure and said it was not noisy at all. However, I've read some reports of folks who said they had CP staterooms up high, and could hear noise from the pool deck.

Central Park balconies will hear noise from anything going on in Central Park and from pool bands and or music from the pool deck. You can hear this from standing in Central Park.

Boardwalk balconies will hear noise from anything going on in the Boardwalk area, the carousel music and bell, and any Aqua Theater events going on.

We did a Boardwalk Balcony on Allure in March. It wasn't too bad. Heard a dance band party one night so we sat outside and watched the fun. Otherwise not too bad. We were with friends on that cruise, then again on Oasis in Sep. Our same friends had a Central Park Balcony. Both the Boardwalk and CP were on deck 12. They complained that the noise from the pool deck made their balcony almost unusable. They did not like it at all. They were in cabin 12255 which is last one aft on port side. Maybe that location "captured" the sound due to being last cabin. We did not go down and witness this so I can only pass on what they said. But they are very frequent cruisers, although in their late 70's. Based on my knowledge and their experience, I would opt for oceanview balcony first, then Boardwalk second. I liked watching the activity on the Boardwalk, and being able to see at least part of the ocean aft. To me the CP Balcony would be too "city like." Just one person's opinion.

We just did a Central Park balcony on Allure in Nov. we were on deck 11. We found the room peaceful and loved sitting on the balcony watching the little birds fly around the "park" and people strolling through the garden. On nights when they had concerts in the park it was so nice to sit out on the balcony and listen to the music. I would not hesitate to book this category of room again.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

We just did a Central Park balcony on Allure in Nov. we were on deck 11. We found the room peaceful and loved sitting on the balcony watching the little birds fly around the "park" and people strolling through the garden. On nights when they had concerts in the park it was so nice to sit out on the balcony and listen to the music. I would not hesitate to book this category of room again.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Gotta agree with this. We were on the Oasis on 11/16 - 11/23, with cabin 11183.

We enjoyed a couple of concerts in Central Park, from our own "private" balcony. Can't say we ever heard noise from the pool deck (deck 15) in the cabin with the door closed, but we weren't in there much.

We never had problems with noise in the later evenings, at night or early mornings. We slept like babies, and usually went to bed at reasonable hours, waking fairly early in the morning. No all night partying for us.

But, remember this, if you are afraid of any sounds at any time, EVERY cabin (and balcony) can have noise in it at any time from noisy neighbors or folks in the hallway. These may come and go, or linger depending on the neighbor.

I would definitely book there again.

We had cabin # 11629 on the Allure....we heard the live band on the pool deck during the day but no other noise from that area.

The noisiest part of being in CP was the bar below us would empty their recycling bin when the bar closed. We'd hear empty bottles and cans crashing into a larger container. It woke us up most nights but reminded us of trash pickup day at home.

Hello to all!

I have had a CPV room twice,(once on the Oasis and once on the Allure) and will have a CPV with balcony next month on the Allure. The room is very quiet. CP is very quiet. The boardwalk, per my friends who sailed with us, is very noisey. Lots going on and depending upon your location overlooking the boardwalk, you hear lots of noise from the merry-go-round, the water show, the rock climbing wall bells, etc.

Never had a problem with the CPV cabins and look forward to sailing in one again.

Enjoy.

Edited by Cruise a holic

I've had both Central Park and Boardwalk. I found CP noise free, got a little too warm for my liking, but if you like peace and quiet that's the place, just watch the bar go up and down. Now Boardwalk far in the aft is our favorite and we select this each time we are on an oasis class. You have the activity feature AND you can see if the ocean if you are far enough back. Once you close your balcony door and lock it, you do not hear all that much. Any aqua show/etc is typically over by the time we want to sleep. We actually enjoy watching all the stuff and folks on the boardwalk so we love it and you can watch the people on the zip line too. You can watch some of the shows from your balcony. Don't go too far up in Deck though.