Deluxe OV or Cove Balcony?

~Christie~

Hey again - lol! Another question.....

Would you take a Deluxe OV over a Cove Balcony if the price was right? or do you prefer the balcony anyway you can get it?

We have only done two cruises with the first one having a interior room (never again) and other a balcony (which we loved). We have never done an OV and I was checking prices and I was wondering how everyone rates them....

Our last cruise on the Dream, we had a Deluxe Ocean View and loved it. I think the extra 1/2 bath is awesome. With that said, we now have a cove balcony booked for May on the Dream. I have read such great reviews on the coves that I couldn't resist when the price was very close. I will say that we had some discussion before booking the cove due to how happy we were with the DOV.

we have had balconies 6 times, one port hole and one oceanview. We did not care for the ov-Probably would have if we could have opened the window but they do not open. The port hole cabin was much cheaper and imo about the same as the ov. We love the balcony, never had a cove but would take a balcony any day over the ov.

I'm very familiar with this question. I've had a cove & am about to have a deluxe OV. Both times, it was 3 people in the cabin. My folks decided on a cove over the deluxe OV, since it was a special anniversary & birthday time for them. None of us are that big on balconies. However, we did really enjoy the cove. Being that close to the water makes it so much better. We've been fine with 1 bathroom a few other times, so it was no big deal to give up the extra half-bath.

For my upcoming cruise, my friends & I originally booked a 3-person porthole room, then upgraded to a deluxe OV. It got us out of a connecting room, got a bigger window, & an extra half-bathroom. For only $20 more, that was worth it. Now, it would be $180 to move up to a cove, and there is not even the slightest consideration from any of us to do that at that price. I'm one who doesn't place much of a value on a balcony. I only see it as a slight upgrade from an OV, since I'm running around the ship all the time. Between me & friends that I've traveled with, I've had pretty much every kind of cabin that Carnival offers. And I probably like the big OVs the best.

The deluxe OV & the cove balcony both take up the same amount of space: 230 sq.ft. The cove just puts 45 of that outdoors.

We have sailed in insides, portholes, ocean views, Never the Deluxe OV but I have one booked for my DD, SIL and grandchild in March. The extra RR with a small Tub will be a blessing. My GC will be 3, almost 4....We have sailed in Cove Balcony ( DH liked it. He is the Balcony person. We have one booked for March.) ordinary balconies. An extended balcony on Princess. Did not like it...........it was half sun. half shade. People could have thrown things on you if they wanted too...which of course they did not..but even accidentaly...did not like it.

We have stayed in Mini Suites Twice. Once on the jNCL Jewel when it was new. The nicest, prettiest cabin we have ever had..............anywhere...........anytime.

And we were upgraded to a minisuite on Princess one time. Loved it.

On Princess....next fall...........I have a cabin I have long dreamed of having. An oceanview by the International Café or Court? The Coffee Bar.. The Internet Café..The ATD MDR....I mean...........a few steps and We will be There! And close access to the promenade.

TO me if you go to the shows. Eat three meals a day. Play Trivia. ( we do) or learn line dances. or play Bingo. Or go to the pool or the hot tubs. Or go to the clubs. Or go to the comedy shows. Or to Tea. ( which I love) or............anything. The LOCATION of your cabin is the most valuable thing to me.

Make it MIDSHIP............and I don't care where I am or what deck I am on.

And the OV Deluxe are all Mid ship. It will be easy to get places. Three girls getting ready to go....same time......the extra bath..will be a blessing.

I would chose the OV. in a heartbeat.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the input!!!! I do want midship if we can get it.

If you get a cove on the magic, just make sure you are not under the galley, last time we cruised I was in Rm. 2431..very noisy early in the morning.

This year we are booked in a cove again, but under the dining room this time. Rm 2337..Can't wait...