Must Haves at International Cafe

chrismch

The "Cronuts" and Quiche from the Caribbean Princess International Café just 3 weeks ago were to die for. I had several of each that week. Also loved the piping hot chocolate chip cookies and tiny glass of milk that were brought to me out of the blue as I sat knitting in the Piazza one afternoon. Awesome!

Bummer! I guess this means I'll have to book a cruise on a ship that has one! :D
The Coral Princess, which is the sister ship of the Island Princess, had the International Cafe added during it's latest drydock. The Island will probably get it the next time it goes into drydock.

The Coral Princess, which is the sister ship of the Island Princess, had the International Cafe added during it's latest drydock. The Island will probably get it the next time it goes into drydock.

I can't find any information about when she will go to dry dock. Do you know when it will be done?

Thanks!

Edited by JimAOk1945

I can't find any information about when she will go to dry dock. Do you know when it will be done?

Thanks!

According to this site, the next Island drydock MIGHT be from October 12 to November 26, 2014. But it does note that it's an unconfirmed date, and drydock are notorious for being changed for various reasons.

https://sites.google.com/site/princesscruisesfaq/ships/fleet-drydock-schedule

I like the little bowls of pistachio custard. Not too sweet.

And the panini ... a good warm squished sammich! The mozza just slightly melted and the tomatoes just slightly cooked.

The Grand had a chicken and walnut salad. Nobody has mentioned that yet and it is good.

I tried some of the soups and all were good. On a cool day, I remember the Cream of Mushroom in particular. Comfort food in the most elegant of atrium.

Finally, the next person who calls a sliced and toasted English muffin with fried egg in the middle, a McMuffin is subject to being banished from the IC to the HC!

That is all.

M

My IC favorites were the quiches and the tiramisu, while my wife's favorites were the tuna sandwiches and the breakfast muffins.

However, some of the special selections I had anticipated so much after reading about them here on CC (such as gianduja pudding and the peanut butter cups) were never once available at the IC on our 14 day Golden Princess cruise. It seemed to me that the IC would make a batch of something and keep it there for days until they ran out. In particular, we noticed the pistachio pudding (which was great) at the IC for several days in a row.

So, unfortunately you may not necessarily have an opportunity to try everything you are anticipating at the IC. I also noticed that the soup often didn't match the picture displayed there.

In spite of these caveats, at any time of the day you are bound to find something enjoyable at the IC.

Tim

The IC on the Coral Princess doesn't have the ability to warm things, so the pannini sandwiches aren't as good as they would be heated (so I didn't try the mozzarella and tomato.) Also, for breakfast, the only offerings are sweet. We didn't see any breakfast sandwiches.

My favorites were the ham sandwich, the tuna salad sandwich, and the grilled vegies salad (and I don't especially like vegies). Didn't get a chance to try any of the desserts, but they looked really good, too.

Looking forward to the IC on on the Sapphire Princess in 2 weeks. Last time we were onboard we didn't adequately partake of the IC, but certainly plan to this time.

Does that mean the quiche and breakfast muffins are room temp not heated?

I didn't see any quiche or breakfast sandwiches at the IC on the Coral Princess. On other ships, that can warm foods, I imagine that they are warm.. (Looking forward to finding that out in a couple of weeks on the Sapphire.)

Does that mean the quiche and breakfast muffins are room temp not heated?

The quiches are displayed in the same glass case as the cold salads and sandwiches, so I have to assume it's refridgerated in there. The first quiche I got was a tad colder than room temp but it was still so good! The next one when I ordered it, the crew member asked me if I wanted it warmed (the first one did not), so of course I said yes. They must have some crazy Salamander back there bc he came back lickety split and that thing was piping hot!

The MC MUFFINS! :D were supposedly heated on the panini press, although I never got one hot enough to have the cheese melted, even thru room service. That is why I didn't like them. On a few occasions, we ordered a sandwich heated on the press and still it wasn't heated all the way through. Perhaps they had the heat up too high, causing the outside to get very toasted and dry and the inside still cold. The McMuffin was really the only thing I did not like at IC.