Balcony categories on the Regal

luv2snrkl

I am looking to book a balcony cabin on the Regal. The BW, BV, BZ, and BY categories are all priced the same. Are they all equal or is one category better than the other 3? Thanks

I didn't research the differences but generally it's just the location & it could also be for any sort of obstruction. You could check the deck plans for locations & if any are obstructed.

The cabin is the same. Difference is location. Generally, the most expensive (highest categories) are mid-ship and the further away from mid-ship, the less expensive and lower category. On the Royal/Regal, there are also obstructed view balconies which are cheaper as are the balcony cabins directly below the Sea Walk and Sea View Bar. Take a look at the deck plans as the balcony cabins at the edges of the Sea Walk and Sea View Bar have larger, angled balconies.

My only recommendation is to stay away from Marina deck unless you're below Lido deck balconies. The noise from the Horizon Court and Bistro is pretty bad. It woke me up every morning between 3:30-4:30AM with banging, crashing and sharp noises.

I am looking to book a balcony cabin on the Regal. The BW, BV, BZ, and BY categories are all priced the same. Are they all equal or is one category better than the other 3? Thanks
Those are all obstructed view balcony categories. Usually there is a price differential but with some of the current sales all balconies are the price of the lowest category, BZ in this case. The BV, BW and BY balconies are on Emerald deck (8) and most have lifeboats obstructing the balcony at about the railing level. BZs are all the way forward on Marina deck (15) and Lido deck (16) and have metal rather than glass railings as an obstruction. Cat BV cabins E414 to E425 as essentially unobstructed.

Those are all obstructed view balcony categories. Usually there is a price differential but with some of the current sales all balconies are the price of the lowest category, BZ in this case. The BV, BW and BY balconies are on Emerald deck (8) and most have lifeboats obstructing the balcony at about the railing level. BZs are all the way forward on Marina deck (15) and Lido deck (16) and have metal rather than glass railings as an obstruction. Cat BV cabins E414 to E425 as essentially unobstructed.

I think the "unobstructed" balconies extend further than 425.

We have E428 booked and the only obstruction is that because of the indentation of the ship under the Seaview Bar (and Skywalk on the other side) we can't see all the way forward.

Also know that some of these balconies are MUCH larger than the typical 9 x 3 on this ship.

Edited by chamima

I think the "unobstructed" balconies extend further than 425.

We have E428 booked and the only obstruction is that because of the indentation of the ship under the Seaview Bar (and Skywalk on the other side) we can't see all the way forward.

Also know that some of these balconies are MUCH larger than the typical 9 x 3 on this ship.

I haven't been on the Royal. I knew that some additional cabins had essentially no obstruction but wasn't sure how many. I found a photo that shows part of the farther aft BVs posted by #1winelover on the Bon Voyage Dave thread.

http://m.flickr.com/photos/57377062@N04/11207570556/lightbox/

That appears to be the balcony of E432 in the middle.

I haven't been on the Royal. I knew that some additional cabins had essentially no obstruction but wasn't sure how many. I found a photo that shows part of the farther aft BVs posted by #1winelover on the Bon Voyage Dave thread.

http://m.flickr.com/photos/57377062@N04/11207570556/lightbox/

That appears to be the balcony of E432 in the middle.

When I click on your link I get a black screen.

It's my thread - thanks.

On our cabin crawl yesterday one of the rooms we toured was an aft Owners Suite.

Bob, now I get it.

As for soot the folks booked in that room had a towel on the floor to keep from tracking foot prints on the carpet, you could see the soot in the water draining canals along the balcony perimeter, and the had beach towels on the loungers. It wasn't raining soot, the balcony wasn't a tar pit, but I could see how it would be disappointing to those who book aft facing suites and balconies for a reason.

I didn't take a lot of pictures but here are the views from C429 on the peak under SeaWalk

11207691384_b78511b675_c.jpg

11207691414_c43af13028_c.jpg

11207691464_91235377e1_c.jpg

11207691964_a3e19dd576_c.jpg

11207692884_65d6ece783_c.jpg

Are these the pictures you were referring to?