Cancelled flights and missing cruise boarding

MVPinBoynton

Your son will have far more fun in sunny, WARM, San Juan than those of us in the DFW area this weekend. Lows in the teens tonight, and power outages from falling tree limbs. Our blood is suited to temp rages of 60-100F, not this stuff :)

San Juan is a cool place to be for a couple of days. Last sail out of SJ, we went in 2 days early, and had quite a bit of fun exploring San Juan.

Just remind him every Sailaway is beautiful.

Hope you all have a great time!!

San Juan is much better than being stuck in Dallas, especially since they haven't had electricity today. I will remind him that he will still have 3 sailaways on the cruise.:)

So sorry to hear latest news, OP. sure hope he has trip insurance..

Ed, seems you're a star on celebrity boards! Look forward to meeting you, cruising and sharing private excursions coming up soon aboard Quest!

Hope you'll join us on newest private charter, STJ!

Sent you & Susan info via email -- did u receive?

Pls consider joining us - sure to be another fun day!

Lynn

When I moved to the Houston area a little over 10 years ago, I was humbled by the many people I encountered who would go out of their way for others. The kindness and generosity that Texed showed seems to be quite normal from what I have experienced and not the exception. (Courtesy to other drivers is sometimes lacking here though...:confused:) I used to get homesick for Florida but not much anymore. Houston hospitality has won me over!

Texed, thank you for being such a blessing to others and please know that people like you do make a difference in making the world a better place!:)

I really hope our Celebrity Cruise in July is filled with lots of Eds! What a joy you are.

And excellent that Celebrity is honouring his kindness.

And to the OP I really hope your family will eventually join you in a great cruise.

I love this thread! It seems like so many threads turn negative and snippy...it's heartwarming to see people willing to do what they can to help a fellow cruiser! Ed, you exemplify the definition of generous and giving. Mike, I'm sorry about your son's change in plans, but happy that he still gets to cruise!

Once in a galaxy far, far away; for a brief moment, everything was right with the world.:):)

I love this thread!

Kudos to Celebrity for all the good things they do, but they went "over the top" this time!

OP, I hope everything works out for the best...

BILL

Well my son won't be able to board the Reflection with us tomorrow because American Airlines can't get him to MIA soon enough. However, they have agreed to fly him directly to San Juan so he can catch the ship when it is in port on Monday. I really hate that he is going to miss sailaway from Miami. Since this is his first cruise, he was so looking forward to it. I guess there are worse things than to have to be in San Juan for a couple days; but it will be costly for him.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Sorry to hear that he won't make MIA. I hope I am not in the same position on Sunday evening when I am supposed to fly out of DC...

WOW! I am overwhelmed. I got home from work, and I see all of this. Y'all are bringing a tear to an old guy's eyes, on his birthday. :)

Happy Birthday Texed! Hope that generosity and kindness comes back to you tenfold. So glad I saw this thread...best bedtime story I've read in ages. Best wishes for a wonderful cruise to the OP and your family. We were on Reflection in February and it was fabulous!

WOW! I am overwhelmed. I got home from work, and I see all of this. Y'all are bringing a tear to an old guy's eyes, on his birthday. :)

Happy Birthday, Ed and thanks for offering to help. For those of you who have never met Ed in person, he is a funny, generous person. I don't have a doubt in my mind that he would have driven all the way from Houston to Dallas to pick up our son if we had needed him to do it. And, BTW, it's about a four hour drive from Houston to Dallas, so round trip that would have been eight hours. Thanks Ed.

Edited by CAPinBoynton

Wow Gee!!! I love to see a thread like this, never seen one like this one on here before. It feels like a movie "Planes, Trains and Automobiles", great work Texed and I guess this is really a very happy birthday to you. Hope the OP's family get's to the ship on Monday. I am sure you will have a great celebration on board.

When I moved to the Houston area a little over 10 years ago, I was humbled by the many people I encountered who would go out of their way for others. The kindness and generosity that Texed showed seems to be quite normal from what I have experienced and not the exception. (Courtesy to other drivers is sometimes lacking here though...:confused:) I used to get homesick for Florida but not much anymore. Houston hospitality has won me over!

Texed, thank you for being such a blessing to others and please know that people like you do make a difference in making the world a better place!:)

So true. We found the Texas kindness a major boon for us after Katrina when we spent a week there totally shell- shocked at the time. We'll be in Houston for Christmas this year with our youngest son who moved there a year ago.

Texted, Happy Birthday to the nicest jerk I've seen in a while! :). Such a generous offer.

Edited by LRene

Congratulations. You’ve just received a Random Act of Modern Luxury. We will send you an email shortly. :)

So Texed.....are you at liberty to say what random act of modern luxury you received from X?

Whatever it is, enjoy.

What a kind offer you made. Hopefully some of us in the CC community can do the same for you one day.

That'a Boy Ed! And Happy Birthday -- see you both next Winter Break on the Eclipse. Enjoy your Azamara Holiday cruise this year!

Enjoy! Kel:)

We are looking forward to it. :)