11:15 flight

BOOFER9

I've been able to make it from the port to MCO by 9:15-9:30, but I always had a flight closer to noon. Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable with such an early flight since the security lines can be long (up to 45 minutes). Remember, you're competing with everyone going home from the theme parks, too, and other ships.

What day of the week are you traveling?

Why too many ifs for an MCO flight. It is at least 45 minutes to clear security at MCO. Flights out of MCO are usually full. Flight doors close 10 minutes before post time so you need to be at the gate before 11:05 am. That means you need to be in line for security by 10:20 am. That means to need to have either done Luggage Express or Carry On Luggage only or figure 20-25 minutes in the Airline Counter Line so you need to arrive at the airport by 10 am. Can you guarantee the ship will clear customs, you can be off the ship, you and the other passengers in front of you clear customs, have private transportation waiting, no traffic issues so you can be at the airport by 10am?

Sounds tight to me.

We have only sailed from there once. We rented a car to get us to the airport as it was WAY cheaper for the 4 of us verses shuttle. We got off the ship early. The line through customs and getting our luggage was well over an hour. Then the waiting for a shuttle to the rental car was horrid at least another hour. THEN we had another wait to get our car picked up. I bet we did not have our car until close to 11. Plus its 45 min to the airport.

I'd say if you self debark and have a driver at the port waiting you might be OK

Why too many ifs for an MCO flight. It is at least 45 minutes to clear security at MCO. Flights out of MCO are usually full. Flight doors close 10 minutes before post time so you need to be at the gate before 11:05 am. That means you need to be in line for security by 10:20 am. That means to need to have either done Luggage Express or Carry On Luggage only or figure 20-25 minutes in the Airline Counter Line so you need to arrive at the airport by 10 am. Can you guarantee the ship will clear customs, you can be off the ship, you and the other passengers in front of you clear customs, have private transportation waiting, no traffic issues so you can be at the airport by 10am?

I dont think luggage express is available for flights that early

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

I've been able to make it from the port to MCO by 9:15-9:30, but I always had a flight closer to noon. Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable with such an early flight since the security lines can be long (up to 45 minutes). Remember, you're competing with everyone going home from the theme parks, too, and other ships.

What day of the week are you traveling?

To the OP. Sorry, but however this person got there so early is not the norm. Things must have gone perfectly that time. Bet it wouldn't happen again.

To the OP. Sorry, but however this person got there so early is not the norm. Things muIts snowingst have gone perfectly that time. Bet it wouldn't happen again.

I have gotten there twice before 9:30 but they were Disney cruises.

I wouldnt try it on CCL.

Disney knows how to move people.

Bill

I have gotten there twice before 9:30 but they were Disney cruises.

I wouldnt try it on CCL.

Disney knows how to move people.

Bill

You were at your gate by 9:30a? VERY lucky.

If you are referring to getting to the "airport" by 9:30am, this is too late. You can NOT count on security being timely and need to be conservative in the time allotment. I have the luxury of "trying" for early flights. Especially if you with a share shuttle service, there is NO way to guarantee an on time departure. I'm sure a cab is going to be very costly- more than the flight savings. Final factor to make sure about- what the restrictions of your ticket is? And do NOT assume, you will get home the same day if you miss the flight- chances are you will not.

Edited by Budget Queen

You were at your gate by 9:30a? VERY lucky.

If you are referring to getting to the "airport" by 9:30am, this is too late. You can NOT count on security being timely and need to be conservative in the time allotment. I have the luxury of "trying" for early flights. Especially if you with a share shuttle service, there is NO way to guarantee an on time departure. I'm sure a cab is going to be very costly- more than the flight savings. Final factor to make sure about- what the restrictions of your ticket is? And do NOT assume, you will get home the same day if you miss the flight- chances are you will not.

And if they bought insurance and you missed the flight, it's not a covered event till after 12:30.

Do self assist and haul butt off the ship. Last summer we were off the ship, took a shuttle to Budget and picked up our rental, and made it to Universal by about 10:00. You can do it, but it's going to be very tight and no room for issues.

We have the same flight time but out of FLL from POM. Last time we walked off the ship at 9:30 and was at the airport waiting by 10:30 waiting for a 2pm flight. Long wait. We don't see a problem but we are going to self disembark and also Southwest is the first terminal and right there when you get off!

We got off in Port Canaveral a few weeks ago and flew out. We enjoyed dragging our butts a little on debarkation day and not getting up so early. I know where you are flying and you will have a long day(s) ahead of you. I think your plan is doable, but it's going to be an early morning for you. Inform guest services a day or two before you get off and I'm fairly confident Carnival will get you there in time. Best way to get to the airport is just jump on the Carnival transfer bus. It's $35 pp

Krunch

Do self assist and haul butt off the ship. Last summer we were off the ship, took a shuttle to Budget and picked up our rental, and made it to Universal by about 10:00. You can do it, but it's going to be very tight and no room for issues.

Not really. The airport would be different as they should be there 2 hours ahead. That means 9:15.

I watched Dream come in today, docked about 6:15, but of course there are preps to be made for everything before debarking begins.

Doable? Maybe

Smart? Absolutely not

When we sailed on the Dream, we were in our car by 7:30am. But when we sailed on the Sensation, we were still on the ship at 10:00am.

With a one hour drive separating you and the MCO airport, I wouldn't do it.

In all fairness, the Disney ship came in today and was at the dock at 5:30, so there is a time advantage.

Yes they are. I was at breakfast at 6:30am and while eating they announced the ship was cleared. On Disney you just finish eating and then leave at your leisure.

No waiting around for decks or colors to be called.

I was on the Disney bus and on the road before 8am.

Like i said Disney knows how to move people.

Does Carnival get in much later? I've been on many cruises where I woke up and it was still dark and we were already docked on the last day.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App