Celebrity Reflections .. a couple questions

Joeys girl

We just booked our first Celebrity cruise on an Eastern Caribbean 7 night cruise beginning on January 18th 2014. I'm wondering if we don't wish to really dress up for the formal nights, are there alternative restaurants? Could my husband wear a sports jacket, nice slacks and a tie or would that be out of place on a formal night?

Do we need to make reservations in advance for the specialty restaurants? And lastly, does the wine package pay if you only have a couple of drinks a day ?

Thanks and I'd love to hear from any recent travelers.

We just booked our first Celebrity cruise on an Eastern Caribbean 7 night cruise beginning on January 18th 2014. I'm wondering if we don't wish to really dress up for the formal nights, are there alternative restaurants? Could my husband wear a sports jacket, nice slacks and a tie or would that be out of place on a formal night?

Do we need to make reservations in advance for the specialty restaurants? And lastly, does the wine package pay if you only have a couple of drinks a day ?

A friend of ours just got off the Reflection...a sport coat is fine for formal nights..but not with jeans. And yes, there are alternative restaurants..the buffet is included in your cruise price and has a great assortment of good foods to choose from, or you can choose to eat at one the specialty restaurants, though there will be a charge. You do have to make reservation. Not sure about the drink package...maybe some one else can help you there...we will be on the Reflection Feb. 8th...enjoy your cruise!

Khaki's, sport jacket, plus shirt and tie passed for acceptable in MDR on formal nights when we were on Reflection. Consider what you or your husband might where to a wedding reception. There will be some people who lean toward the more casual side and others who will be quite dressy. If you don't want to get dressed up at all you can eat at the buffet or order room service. The Blu restaurant is only available to cruisers staying in certain cabin levels. If you have access to Blu then the attire there is dress casual even on formal nights.

Just to continue the thought re: substituting Rm. Service on Formal night:

do you get to select your meal from the MDR menu?

You may select off the MDR menu for lunch and dinner from room service. Just ask your attendant or Butler for the menu. Formal dress only applies to the MDR on formal nights, nowhere else on the ship.

Edited by dkjretired

The drink package includes non alcoholic drinks too, the types you normally pay for --- sodas, bottled water, specialty coffees, smoothies, fresh squeezed juices. It also has the benefit of letting you try drinks you might not if you were paying per drink, and it is a real pleasure to not have slips to sign, or a bill at the end of the cruise. Look up the prices, if you would even come close I think you might really like it. I also believe you can wait and sign up a couple days into the cruise for the remaining days, if you decide to after seeing how much you are drinking. DH and I love it, just has a really elegant feel to not deal with slips and a bill, but it's not for everyone.

We just got off the Reflection TA last month. The dress on formal night is usually the same no matter what ship. 10% of the men aren't even dressed as good as you're saying your DH will be. Then it's split between sportcoats and tuxedos. Not the suggested dress, but he'll be fine.

I've never seen a need for a reservation for a speciality restaurant. They the Lawn Club Grille. Great food! Not a fan of Murano (OK folks, I have my flame-proof suit on!) Too long and drawn out.

Premium alcohol package runs roughly $60 a day per person. 5 martinis a day and you break even. A couple drinks a day? No.