unlimited internet and new drink packages on oasis right now

allennn

just a note as I have seen a few posts back and forth on this previously.

the unlimited internet is here (I'm using it from my balcony on the oasis right now). Signed up for it yesterday and it wasn't working on the first day. Went to their wifi support which was setup in the card room and they verified it wasn't indeed working. Staff mentioned that this was the first night the 'new system' was running and they had engineers on board who were watching it and fixing things if they went wrong. This morning it appears they have fixed it though and its working right now. We are just rounding Cuba and the connection speed is ok but not great.

also the new drink package options are available. I got the ultimate which has been fantastic as I never have to sign a slip for anything. Makes everything just EASY which is what I was hoping for. The wife and daughter and grandma got the royal replenish which suits them perfectly. I'm really glad RCCL allowed people in staterooms to get different packages and I am careful not to abuse it by letting anyone else have my drinks.

cheers!

I have had several frozen drinks including premium liquor drinks without any problem. I had grey goose last night and have ordered several premium cocktails so far without anything other than a smile and handing my card back. This has included a couple strawberry daq's and 1 margarita which were froze. I have been ordering premium liquors because I like them plus I just want to see if any of them are off limits. So far %100 of what I have ordered has been included.

Hi! The package that your wife and daughter got, does it include frozen non-alcoholic drinks? Also curious what types of bottled water they are including in these new packages. And finally, since Oasis has Starbucks on board, which we've been hearing is not included in any package, where would you find a "premium coffee"? Hope you're having a great time! Sorry for all the questions

How much is the unlimited internet? Also do you know with the soda package, can you walk right up to the FreeStyle machines and fill the RCCL mug with soda or do you still have to ask for soda?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

How much is the unlimited internet? Also do you know with the soda package, can you walk right up to the FreeStyle machines and fill the RCCL mug with soda or do you still have to ask for soda?

The unlimited internet is $179 per week for one device.

The Freestyle machines are self-serve, and work with the special cups you get when you have any of the unlimited drink packages.

Edited by clarea

I have some answers! I don't mind answering questions so keep them coming.

the royal replenish DOES include frozen 'virgin' drinks. My wife ordered a virgin strawberry daiquiri with her royal replenish card and there was no problem. No alcohol involved.

the ultimate DOES NOT include starbucks (drat, you would think for that much a day it would include a starbucks). Also, it DOES NOT include the drinks at Johnny Rockets like shakes and such. Side note to this, we got a pretty rude waiter there which is a first for our entire cruise.

The unlimited internet is $179 a week and like I said earlier is on the slow side. However, it has been getting better all day today which I would say is likely to them working on this new system.

I got a strawberry Daiq. with captn morgan and it was included in the ultimate package. In the morning when I go work out I will ask in the vitality spa about the shakes there.

I will also ask about the red bull next time we go down. Just got back from lunch at johnny rockets a minute ago.

I can also verify that unlimited internet is working. It's the best I've ever had on a cruise ship. Greetings from the solarium.

I can also say that the terms say you cannot be on more than one device at the same time. I can say that I have logged in using my iPad and my iPhone at different times and both have worked.

Sent from my iThing using Tapatalk HD

I'm heading to the solarium right now to hit the hot tubs. That has been my favorite place so far on the ship.

I have my iphone and this laptop but when one logs on the other is kicked off. It looks like only one device at a time.

The unlimited internet is $179 per week for one device.

The Freestyle machines are self-serve, and work with the special cups you get when you have any of the unlimited drink packages.

Sweet! Thanks for the info! We sail in February 1st!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

if anyone has requests I can ask the bartenders here on board if any given drink or liquor is included.

Thanks for the help, we were on Reflection last January and had the premium package. We would ask for a double Red Label Scotch and it was covered. We had a $12 max on drinks and I understand the premium on Oasis is $10. Would you ask if a double would be covered? The single poor is so small. :mad: May have to purchase ultimate package if it is covered there. :rolleyes:

We sail Oasis for the second time January 25, 2014 :)

I'm going to sound really ignorant now..... what's meant by Premium tea / coffee in the Royal Replenish?

Premium coffee would be things like cappucino, latte, etc. Have not yet heard what premium tea would be.