What class is everyone's favourite?

cocacola86

Spirit class, less crowded, better lay out and nicer overall. I like how all of decks 2 and 3, plus some extra, are open public space; compared with the Conquest class, decks 3 and 4 have so much space taken up with the galley and pointless cigar bar. Also, I think the Lido area is much nicer on the Spirit class, and I like the atrium with the red ceiling. But any ship will do!

I think you'll find this answer can be divided by those who have been sailing a long time and young people (or Type As). When we started sailing in 1984 my first cruise was on the Carnivale, about 20,000 tons (+/-) and I LOVED IT!! The behemoths of today are simply awful in my opinion and I say this as I sail the Breeze in 2014 to Aruba and Curacao. I dread the ship!!

That said, we are neither in our 20s nor type As who have to be entertained or moving 18 hours a day. We cruise for R-n-R only so I have zero desire to try an RCL ship as we would never ice skate, surf, zip line or anything other than reclining in a chaise.

To that end, the Fantasy class is by far our favorite sailing now, followed VERY closely by the Spirit class, which is not that much bigger than the Fantasy class. In fact, after 40+ cruises, my favorite of all time was a Miracle cruise with 2 sea days, 3 ports and 2 sea days (8 day cruise). Best ever!!

If they ever come out with a 7 day CTN on a Fantasy or Spirit class ship I will be ecstatic!!