New with Norwegian, questions

zaza565

Hi,

Will be on the Sun this week, and I have a few questions:

Sail Away party?

Breakfasts in main dining room or buffet only?

Lunch in main dining room or buffet only?

Thanks!

Usually yes there is a sailaway party. You can eat in either the buffet or one of the dining rooms (or both if you are so inclined!) Enjoy your cruise!

And let me recommend the Great Outdoors for breakfast also....and snacking grilled or sandwich type item throughout the day. Additionally, Modernos is open for breakfast, including waffles and omelets. And then at lunch time Modernos has a pasta, pizza food setup. In addition to a sail away grilled food on the pool deck (weather permitting), food was grilled out there several more days on our recent cruise. Plenty of food throughout the Sun. That's good because the buffet is fairly small, limiting how much selection it can provide...although what they did have was good I thought.

Hi,

Will be on the Sun this week, and I have a few questions:

Sail Away party?

Breakfasts in main dining room or buffet only?

Lunch in main dining room or buffet only?

Thanks!

Your other questions have been answered but I wanted to say that sometimes on port days the dining rooms are not open for lunch.

Always check the ship newsletter for that day to see if there's an open dining room for lunch.

I love the Sun.

Edited by NMLady

Usually yes there is a sailaway party. You can eat in either the buffet or one of the dining rooms (or both if you are so inclined!) Enjoy your cruise!

Whaaaat? You can do both?...I'm shocked, appalled, and would never be so gluttonous. (tries to hold a straight face). :D:p:)

I'm hungry too now :p:p

Edited by kylenyc

If you are early enough, go straight to the back of the ship to the great outdoors. There are two buffet lines there. Most folk do not know this. Have someone in your party grab a table. You can leave bags on it. Or, for a less crowded experience, go to the MDR that is open. That will be nice too. And oh, the rest of the cruise, the crowds are not bad since everyone is not eating at once.

Really appreciate this thread. It has been a long time since I have sailed NCL and that was before the Sun was even built. I will be on her this May to Alaska!

Is the Great Outdoors open to the weather? I ask because it can be cool in May in Vancouver.:)

I do like the main Dining Room idea too. It can be more relaxing than the lido.

Edited by Tinknock50