Going on the Wind Star this Saturday

BVIArabella

Leaving for the Toronto Airport Wednesday. Fly to the Barbados on Thursday and sail away on Saturday. Looking forward since it is -5 C here in balmy Southern Ontario. Snow is coming across Michigan and I can't wait to get my suit back on (bathing that is).

JW in Port Lambton Ontario

Please do report back when you return. I think they have just completed the stateroom redesign so would love to know how it looks. I'll be doing the cruise in March. Let us know how you like the itinerary as well as the highs and lows of the sailing

Enjoy your holiday!

• 2 weeks later...

Made it back to icy Toronto on Saturday.

Excellent Cruise on Wind Star! We stayed in the Barbados for 2 days before the cruise at Courtyard by Marriott. The hotel and staff was excellent. Walk across the road to the Coconut Court which is on the beach. They did not seem to care if we walked down their steps to the beach. We ate breakfast there in the morning looking at the beach and water in 80 degrees! Excellent.

If you walk out the Coconut Court and turn left on the beach, walk about 5 minutes, you come to a great boardwalk and it goes to Accra Beach (some call it Rockby Beach). The Accra Resort is on this beach and it is a fabulous beach. There is a bar at the end called the Tiki and a beer there included a chair on the beach. We went there on our day back until our plane left. Great place.

I going to write a review in the review section so if you are interested go to that section of Cruise Critic.

Wind Star was a great cruise.

We sailed on the Wind Spirit in 2007 through the BVI so I have to rattle my brain with old pics. Getting rid of that center cupboard where the ice bucket was a great idea. They put more storage there and you have more room to walk by as the new cupboards are recessed. The little table and seats they added give you a place to sit in the room. I am looking at the old pics of the cabin on Wind Spirit and I do like the new design much better. Then again, we didn't much time in the cabin. The pool bar was a great place to sit.

Wind Star is a great way to cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Great, great trip! The staterooms are really nice. The table with the two seats is good - used it for filling out forms ,etc. There are storage drawers under the seats. It's very well thought out - I found a place to store everything.

The highlights were the food and the crew. You couldn't ask for nicer people always trying to help with anything you ask. (When you go, say "Hi" to Endro (waiter) and Mandy (pool bar) from Judy)!

Lowlights - The rocking and rolling. I don't get seasick, but if you do, take precautions. The zodiac transfer to the snorkel boat in Tobago Cays was quite difficult, although you might not have such windy weather like we did.

We had a great time - would go with Windstar again in a heartbeat!