No more Funtimes???:(

Jingles263

Does anyone one know if Carn still prints the Funtimes daily schedule of events????? ..I heard here that they dont print them anymore....Do the list them somewhere?

Also I think it is different for every ship but anyone know what time the pools close?

It's not a far fetched idea to get rid of paper and switch to electronic. It's a concept already in progress by other cruise lines.

Staterooms equipped with iPads where you can access electronic content for free. Interactive touch screen displays throughout the ship, and for those needing a Fun Times in their pocket at all times, it can be quickly accessed with a free app for your smartphone. Not only can passengers access the Fun Times, but also port of call information, recommended stores, shore excursions, activity changes, highlights, etc. For those still needing a paper Fun Times, they'll still be available to get them from Guest Services.

As mentioned before, all of this already exists on other cruise lines, but not surprisingly, Carnival is once again behind the curve with innovation.

For me, I think its a wonderful idea to switch to electronic and get rid of the unnecessary pile of papers that are delivered on a daily basis to the cabin, and which end up either stacked in a corner untouched or straight in the trash can. I know that some people like to collect Fun Times for their photo albums/scrapbooks. As mentioned above, they can still swing by Guest Services and get a paper copy.

It's not a far fetched idea to get rid of paper and switch to electronic. It's a concept already in progress by other cruise lines.

Staterooms equipped with iPads where you can access electronic content for free. Interactive touch screen displays throughout the ship, and for those needing a Fun Times in their pocket at all times, it can be quickly accessed with a free app for your smartphone. Not only can passengers access the Fun Times, but also port of call information, recommended stores, shore excursions, activity changes, highlights, etc. For those still needing a paper Fun Times, they'll still be available to get them from Guest Services.

As mentioned before, all of this already exists on other cruise lines, but not surprisingly, Carnival is once again behind the curve with innovation.

For me, I think its a wonderful idea to switch to electronic and get rid of the unnecessary pile of papers that are delivered on a daily basis to the cabin, and which end up either stacked in a corner untouched or straight in the trash can. I know that some people like to collect Fun Times for their photo albums/scrapbooks. As mentioned above, they can still swing by Guest Services and get a paper copy.

If they went to all electronic, there would be a lot of unhappy people on here wanting to see Fun Times from previous cruises on certain ships.

I only have a dumb phone so I would be lost without the paper Fun Times. :o

On the Freedom in November we did not receive a final invoice, I found out that if you wanted a printed invoice you would have to print one out at a kiosk.

Edited by runner15km

Would not surprise me if they made it electronic.... then made you buy internet to see it....

on the TV but inconvenient. but lots less paper waste

I only have a dumb phone so I would be lost without the paper Fun Times. :o

On the Freedom in November we did not receive a final invoice, I found out that if you wanted a printed invoice you would have to print one out at a kiosk.

that made me laugh!

MSC rolled out a new app that lists all the days events, times for restaurants/bars etc = really the daily "times" on your phone or other device

they also have free wi-fi access for all in some areas but can only connect to facebook, twitter and instagram (they encourage you to upload photos)

this will come in handy for people who can communicate with their family and friends via facebook IMHO

the wi-fi was working on my 3nte cruise and I think the app started on the next cruise

I can forsee a smaller/shortened fun times (save on printing) with the rest of the info on devices and in cabin tv...maybe a "full" version available at desk for those not wired up <grin>

Does anyone one know if Carn still prints the Funtimes daily schedule of events????? ..I heard here that they dont print them anymore....Do the list them somewhere?

Also I think it is different for every ship but anyone know what time the pools close?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the pools close around 8:30 - 9:00 p.m. There's usually some type of activity going on each evening on the Lido deck, either a movie on the big screen or a dance party.

They do sort of have the FunTimes on their FunHub site, I used it a few times on the phone, but did prefer the paper copy. Easy to stuff it in a pocket and not worry about if I was going to a pool or something.

true but I think someone said they recycle all those pictures that don't get bought?

How can you recycle a picture? "Oh I don't like mine but I'll buy a picture of this family that looks nicer? Just kidding of course.

If they can recycle the paper for the pictures, they can also recycle the Fun Times.

I can forsee a smaller/shortened fun times (save on printing) with the rest of the info on devices and in cabin tv...maybe a "full" version available at desk for those not wired up <grin>

I'd be cool with that. I only use the tear-off side tab, the one listing the daily schedule and nothing else, and pretty much discard the rest. I also get another copy that goes right into my scrapbook folder to take home. So as long as I can get a full version of the Fun Times to take home, the shortened version will serve me just fine on the ship.

I cruse specifically to get away from any kind of telecommunications (while still being surrounded by civilization), because of the field I work in. I don't want to look at or touch anything that has a screen and a keyboard until after debarkation, which makes me one of those "not wired up" people you're referring to. I even talk to Guest Services instead of using a kiosk, which helps them keep their jobs as an added bonus. So a smartphone-only version of the Fun Times would be as good as nonexistent to me.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

John Heald just addressed this on a facebook post a little bit ago. He said he doesn't know where people come up with this stuff but its not true. He also made a very long post about the no table cloths thing, if your on facebook you should check it out

John Heald just addressed this on a facebook post a little bit ago. He said he doesn't know where people come up with this stuff but its not true. He also made a very long post about the no table cloths thing, if your on facebook you should check it out

Don't get me wrong, I've met John H. and he's fun to talk to, but....he's always right?? There are a bunch of folks on here that will be quick to disagree with that. For instance, a few months ago he was quick to say, and said it MANY times, that it was ABSOLUTELY not true when someone brought up not being able to get Captain Morgan anymore....yet it IS true!! (Yes, I know there are some ships that still have it available, but they are just using the stock that they still have left, they have switched to Bacardi Oak Heart).