If you had one day, what would you do?

scoutandbunji

Definitely play with the monkeys and meet some local children. The monkeys are adorable and so funny. Take a water bottle with a small amount of water in it. They will take it from you and drink it. They will also run off with your sunglasses or anything else they can grab - they are very curious. The children in the small neighborhoods are just precious - makes you appreciate the comfortable lives our children have.

We just love Rony of Ronystours. We have been to Roatan many times and he has become a friend. He doesn't own a big company like Victor, but offers all the same services. He is very attentive and friendly. He will make sure you have a fabulous day!

We are coming in to Roatan on NCL in February 2014. I want to do everything but of course there is only time for one thing...what one thing should we do? Snorkel, beach, shop ? and who should we do it with?

If this is your first time, I would do an island tour that included some snorkeling!

I highly recommend either Little French Key (which has to be the most beautiful place ever) or Maya Key (which has awesome snorkeling). They are both small islands and not far away. Both have snorkeling and food. Both have animals to see and hold.

I have reviews with TONS of pictures of both places located in my signature line (just make sure you go to the corresponding post #). :)

Roatan is a beautiful island, and as you said you would be disappointed if you tried to see too much of her on one short visit. If you are also going to Belize I would recommend planning on taking one of the excellent snorkeling excursions there and enjoying the rest of the beauty that Roatan offers.

There are several tour operators on Roatan including both larger oand smaller outfits and we would recommend a smaller, private one that caters to you only. That way you're not tied to a larger group and also having to spend time in places you don't care about. You can have a personal guide who stays with you the entire time for $25pp for 4 or more ppl and $40pp for 3 or less. Look at Theris andbAt Your Service and others.

With that flexibility on our Feb visit we're planning to visit West End to buy Lencan pottery and just experience WE, then take the water taxi over to West Bay and enjoy the beach and lunch at the Thirsty Turtle. We may also stop at Gumbalimba to see the monkeys and birds. We will also see some of the East end as time permits.

That's a more touristy day on Roatan, but WE is a neat, funky bay, and WB is a gorgeous beach with several resorts and good snorkeling if you want that. Think a day in paradise. I wouldn't limit your time to just one resort or area on your first visit.