$357 upgrade from SV to Aqua class worth it?

kablam0r

I'm assuming this is a no-brainer, but I just wanted to run it by you guys. $357 additional for the cabin, to upgrade from an aft SV cabin to Aqua Class for a 7 night cruise. I confirmed that is for the entire trip NOT per night.

Thoughts?

I know all the Aqua regulars will argue that it's a no brainer, but...

For $406, you can get the ultimate dining package and stay in your SV cabin.

In other words, for only $46 more than your upgrade, you'll get better (IMHO) and much more varied dining and a better cabin.

Maybe the spa benefits mean something to you, but we never used them the one and only time we cruised in Aqua.

I know all the Aqua regulars will argue that it's a no brainer, but...

For $406, you can get the ultimate dining package and stay in your SV cabin.

In other words, for only $46 more than your upgrade, you'll get better (IMHO) and much more varied dining and a better cabin.

Maybe the spa benefits mean something to you, but we never used them the one and only time we cruised in Aqua.

But isn't that $406 a person or would that be total? FYI, i have never been on a cruise, so I am flying blind (aside from the help from this forum!)

Edited by kablam0r

Whether or not it is worth it is entirely up to you.

Consider if these are worth it to you:

Eating in Blu

Amenities for Aqua Class - Persian Gardens, better toiletries, nice shower head, terry robe, etc

Also - giving up your Aft cabin for a side cabin (and depending on which category and where located) could very well be under the fitness center or the pool.

Many people love Blu which is the dining room for Aqua Class. Suites can eat in Blu if there is room available.

The other amenities may or may not have value to you.

In addition, what are the points per night for SV - the same or different than Concierge/Aqua Classes. CC and AC are 5 points per night. If you need or want the additional points, that is to be considered.

Personally - not sure I would upgrade for $357/person. I would if it was only $100 ish more. But that is just my humble opinion.

Whether or not it is worth it is entirely up to you.

Consider if these are worth it to you:

Eating in Blu

Amenities for Aqua Class - Persian Gardens, better toiletries, nice shower head, terry robe, etc

Also - giving up your Aft cabin for a side cabin (and depending on which category and where located) could very well be under the fitness center or the pool.

Many people love Blu which is the dining room for Aqua Class. Suites can eat in Blu if there is room available.

The other amenities may or may not have value to you.

In addition, what are the points per night for SV - the same or different than Concierge/Aqua Classes. CC and AC are 5 points per night. If you need or want the additional points, that is to be considered.

Personally - not sure I would upgrade for $357/person. I would if it was only $100 ish more. But that is just my humble opinion.

No, it's $357 for the entire cabin, both of us. Again, thanks for the insight.

Edited by kablam0r

personally unless you are referring to an Aqua suite ( not just a balcony)

I would save my $$ for other things, as others have suggested above.

We adore the aft cabins.

Man, i'm confused now! :) Aqua Class vs Aqua Suite. Ultimate Dinning package or not? Too many choices for a first timer! :)

Thanks for clarifying the $357 upgrade is total for your stateroom, not per person.

I liked the suggestion by another poster to instead opt for the $29 per day Ultimate dining package if fine dining is something that's appealing to you. But since you're going on Reflection's New Years sailing, I wonder how many Ultimate dining packages Celebrity will offer on this cruise. My thinking is that on a holiday sailing a greater than usual number of people will cough up the extra money to dine in Specialty restaurants, possibly reducing the number of Ultimate packages they offer? And if you don't go immediately upon boarding to "apply" for the Ultimate package, you might miss out.

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably pass on the upgrade. Reason being on a 7 night cruise, I'm not going to want to restrict myself to Blu every night, thinking I need to do so because I've paid extra for this particular restaurant. Instead, I'd want to try the other specialty restaurants and I may wind up in Blu for only 3-4 nights out of the 7. If it were a longer voyage, I'd probably do the AQ upgrade in order to have Blu as my main dining room.

Good luck with your decision and have a wonderful New Years cruise!

Edited by BEAV

With those choices, I'd stay in the aft cabin. Some people like to sail in the front of the ship. I'm not one of them.

Thanks for the suggestions, i think we are going to skip the AQ and go for the ultimate dinning package.

Thanks again!

Here are our QA class room choices 1511, 1512,1509, 1508, 1507 and 1505.

I'm a fan of aqua class and dining in Blu; however, those cabins are way too front of the ship with the gym above (so lots of noise).

Also, when I look at the price difference, I take the total and divide out per person per day. In this case of a 7 day cruise you're talking $25.50 per person per day for aqua class. To me that's not worth it. I'll upgrade if it's about $10-$15pp per day.

For future reference, check out the 'sticky' at the top of this forum for the S-class ships. There's tons of information on the cabins as far as location, noise, etc.

Good choice in keeping your aft cabin for this cruise.

Monica

But isn't that $406 a person or would that be total? FYI, i have never been on a cruise, so I am flying blind (aside from the help from this forum!)

That's total assuming two in your cabin. It's $29 per day * 2 passengers * 7 days = $406 total.

I've done both -- Aqua and the Ultimate Dining Package. IMHO, there is absolutely no comparison in the quality and variety of the food between Blu and the specialty restaurants.

The other stuff that comes with Aqua (i.e., Persian Gardens, improved toiletries, et al) may be worthwhile to you, but it wasn't for us.

Thanks for the suggestions, i think we are going to skip the AQ and go for the ultimate dinning package.

Thanks again!

Good choice but we would get a dining package for probably 3 nights because we enjoy the MDR. You meet some great people at the larger tables and it's fun to share your daily experiences with others over dinner.

Thanks again!

Good choice. That said, keep in mind that the Ultimate Dining Package can only be purchased on board and it is not always guaranteed to be offered. On our 11/30 Reflection cruise, only four packages were sold and these were taken up by the priority boarding folks (Zenith, Elite+, Suites.)

A lot of folks had apparently pre-booked the specialty restaurants online to capacity; but, later in the cruise, we were informed that there were numerous no-shows (we think that these were cancellations and not really paid no-shows.) We could only assume that too many folks pre-booked with the idea of getting them converted to ultimate packages once on board, but this plan backfired.