What are the low fat food options for breakfast?

dclark

I would also suggest the fresh fruit. On the Epic last week they had tomatoes that were cut in half and grilled, I would think that's something they offer fleet wide. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am watching my carbs/fats. What healthy things do they offer for breakfast? Is there anywhere on the Jewel that offers turkey bacon/sausage or something similar?

Fill up on the roasted tomatoes... fruits.. if you need something else, get an egg white omelet packed with veggies and if you want to go crazy, a slice of whole wheat toast.

Leave the bacon, sausage, pastries, and SYRUP:eek: to others :D

Unlimited lox is why I go on the cruises (well, maybe just a bit of an exaggeration). Put it on a toasted English muffin (much better than the bagels, in my opinion) with tomato, onion, capers, etc. and you'll be fine. I skip the cream cheese to save the calories. That and fresh fruit is more than enough for breakfast, and it gives you a good boost of lower-fat protein to start your day.

It's also good in an omelet, if you can bring it from one part of the buffet to another.

Delawarealan

If I remember correctly on the Jewel, they had turkey sausage on the buffet, as well as all sorts of eggs, (eggs benedict, sauces on the side, egg whites, scrambled eggs, made to order omelets), fresh fruit, cottage cheese, cheeses, deli meats. The selection up at the buffet is very good and soooo much better than the MDR. You won't have any trouble finding something low carb to eat. I didn't. :)

Thanks for the info. While fruit is nice and I do eat it, every meal should include a protein.

Traditionally, breakfast proteins primarily consist of high fat items like pork products (ham, bacon, sausage)-yuck!

I'll be happy with the turkey stuff or lox, thanks.

BTW, since listening to my doc seven months ago (who told me to stay away from excessive carbs/fats), I have lost 40lbs, seen my bp drop from 141/93 to 106/70 .

Don't want to make a wrong turn with my eating lifestyle (don't like the word 'diet', sounds too temporary!) on a cruise!

Thanks again for the info.

BTW, since listening to my doc seven months ago (who told me to stay away from excessive carbs/fats), I have lost 40lbs, seen my bp drop from 141/93 to 106/70 .

Don't want to make a wrong turn with my eating lifestyle (don't like the word 'diet', sounds too temporary!) on a cruise!

Thanks again for the info.

Congratulations! That is a great accomplishment. I bet you feel like a new you too. :D I

Congratulations! That is a great accomplishment. I bet you feel like a new you too. :D I

Sure do! I have a lot more energy as my blood glucose isn't high, plus, I am not dragging around 40lbs of weight!. What really shocked me was that I was and never am hungry. I have been on low calorie diets in the past that were brutal. Doc told me to eat more in the day (i usually skippped breakfast, ate a leam cuisine for lunch) less at night, less fats and carbs and that would do the trick. Don't even worry about the calories, plus eat lots of nuts (they are good for the cholesterol). Crazy, the pounds just melted away!

I highly recommend it!

I love getting an egg white omelet (as someone mentioned above) with a small sprinkle of cheese and lots of veggies.

FYI, it's easy to be tempted by the pastries, but they really aren't that good, IMHO. You aren't missing anything. Get an English muffin instead if you are carb craving.