pre cruise regret..waranted?

pandarider123

We booked our first cruise a while back...on Carnival. We are looking forward to it. We have had people on this website attack us when we post our opinions about why we did not choose other cruise lines. (read RCL etc) get used to people (on the Carnival Post) telling you that you have made a mistake... turn around... run to ANY OTHER CRUISE LINE!!! Or you must be ignorant for choosing Carnival (the largest cruise line in the industry) instead of their favorite... NUTS! Go and enjoy yourself. Remember it is YOUR vacation, not someone else's. We will!

We booked our first cruise a while back...on Carnival. We are looking forward to it. We have had people on this website attack us when we post our opinions about why we did not choose other cruise lines. (read RCL etc) get used to people (on the Carnival Post) telling you that you have made a mistake... turn around... run to ANY OTHER CRUISE LINE!!! Or you must be ignorant for choosing Carnival (the largest cruise line in the industry) instead of their favorite... NUTS! Go and enjoy yourself. Remember it is YOUR vacation, not someone else's. We will!

Aw~ saw your timer and thought you were on the Breeze =) Enjoy the Splendor...

I've never been on a cruise before and never been out of country, so three months ago I booked a may birthday cruise. Only princess and carnival had cruises near when I wanyed it and departed on galveston.ended up picking carnival magic and was so excited but then as months went by I hear from more and more people..even family members saying carnival is bad cruise line and should of booked princess (heard that was owned by carnival so doesn't make sense) .I understand for the price I can't expect high class but did I really make a mistake choosing carnival over princess. Or is this all over hype over that one bad cruise and the concordia. I'm on low income and just going to applebees or chilis is considered special so I am not hard to please. That being said has anyone been on carnival magic in last year or so that can tell me how it went. Is carnival really a bad line ? Should cancel my booking and book princess?

You will love it, don't stress about it. Also ignore the negative views and remember there will always be good and bad reviews about any cruise line.

I normally cruise with NCL and decided to try Carnival for the first time about 6 months ago...I have to admit, I loved it. We had a blast and we loved the ship (Dream). I had people telling me how bad the cruise was going to be, the food was terrible, the shows were horrible, I would totally regret it. Well, I make my own decisions and I believe a cruise is what YOU make of it. If you go in thinking it's going to be bad (or even thinking it's going to be so awesome), then you are setting yourself up for a disappointment that would have otherwise never happened. Carnival is the "fun ship"...it's fun for sure. I would not hesitate to book with them again and I'm looking into booking either the Magic or Breeze. I will never let someone else try to tell me I won't have a good time. :D

Belize =( So jealous... I wanted to go there this January but my mother cant spare the few extra days to make it a 8day cruise so am stuck with a 6day and I couldnt find one that went to Belize on a 6 day cruise...

In January it will be my second cruise and Im not sure what people are expecting but from a military pay and standard of living point of view, the service/shows/food are all excellent on Carnival. I went on the Freedom and am booked to go on the Breeze soon. If this is your first I dont see how you could be let down in the slightest degree. I had a blast the first time around and I plan to have the same experience.

Take lots of $1s =) Enjoy!

Jealous of belize? Out of all the ports this one seems to be one least looking forward too. Booked this one for roatan. Belize has veru few excursions of not interested in ruins.

don't cancel your cruise. the only way you will have a good time is if you go with an open mind and positive attitude. go and have a great time!

Not going to cancel. After heard of carnivals 110% return policy I have nothing to lose and of a company can stand by there product like that its worth a try.

Not going to cancel. After heard of carnivals 110% return policy I have nothing to lose and of a company can stand by there product like that its worth a try.

That policy is really more of a gimmick and isn't practical. I tonly applies to the first bit of your cruise - nothing that happens after that. Also - if you don't have a passport you can't fly home which means you have to stay on the ship which voids their return policy.

Jealous of belize? Out of all the ports this one seems to be one least looking forward too. Booked this one for roatan. Belize has veru few excursions of not interested in ruins.

Belize has been a fantasy spot for me for a long while now.... It's one of those places I'd like to say that I've been to once in my life =)

I have sailed with RCCL, Carnival, Princess and Disney. The only one I wasn't happy with was Disney. My experience though was very different than the experience my niece has had with her kids. For the price of the other cruises we can do a lot longer cruises on Carnival. We are in our late 50's and early 60's and are very happy with Carnival. With RCCL we were on a smaller ship than the one's they have out now. We probably won't sail with them on the bigger ships because it is hard enough to get around on the ships that we sail with now. We are not interested in a lot of the things that RCCL now offer. That is just us though.

I have another Carnival booked but my husband and I are looking at doing something for our 40th anniversary. I am looking at both Princess and Carnival but Carnival is a better price. Because of problems with certain foods I have had better luck with Carnival than I have had with any of the other lines so I prefer the food on Carnival.

On Carnival I was able to do the Chef's Table with no problem. Princess wouldn't even talk to me about it. That is not to say that we won't do Princess again just won't attempt to do the Chef's Table again. And I will make an even greater attempt at contacting people higher up than the MDR staff when I am not pleased with the food. The last Princess cruise was a B2B. The food the first week for me was horrible. At the end of the first week I ended up talking to the head of the F & B of the ship. The next week my food was great.

Everyone's experience is different and each cruise is different. Enjoy the good parts and realize that what bothers another person may not be something that bothers you.

I myself enjoy the fact that I don't have to cook or clean the whole time I am on the ship. I enjoy talking to the crew and the other passengers.

Go and enjoy yourself.

tigercat

We sailed the magic last summer and had a great time.. i have been on 5 carnival cruises and have enjoyed them all.. yes i heard the same thing this year when we sailed on the sunshine (and yes she had problems in the beggining) but we went to europe and had the best vacation ever!! and those people who were critical stayed at home on the couch! we always reserve our excursions before the cruise and research the ship... read the funtimes and there will be tons of stuff to do.. we are in our late fifities but we enjoy the water slides, hairy man contest, and dive in movies at nite... there are so many choices and plenty of food choices.. Hit the clearance racks and get a party dress for the clubs and dress up nites.. whats not to love!! ps... i have learned to do what YOU really want to do... and i dont worry about the dangers either... IF i go on a cruise well i went happy!! better than a heart attack at work!! have fun!! it is the fun ship!!!!!

Go have fun!

We had a friend convince us Royal was better. Went one time and back to Carnival. Nothing wrong with Royal but why spend more money when we have just as much fun on Carnival.

The Magic is a great ship with all the upgrades.We have cruised on her a couple times.

It's all what you make of YOUR vacation!

Edited by ARC cruisers

That policy is really more of a gimmick and isn't practical. I tonly applies to the first bit of your cruise - nothing that happens after that. Also - if you don't have a passport you can't fly home which means you have to stay on the ship which voids their return policy.

So true LOL

Seems ridiculous to go on a cruise with the idea of using the "guarantee"

Have not even seen much about it in recent years.

Sailed Carnival 3x and Princess once. Lots of good things about each. Princess dining was good, but the bed (super important to me) was not comfy at all. The cabin seemed small and had what I can only describe as a very compact shower. The caribe balcony was outstanding, though.

For many reasons, we're certainly ready to sail on the Magic again. Next month. :)

So true LOL

Seems ridiculous to go on a cruise with the idea of using the "guarantee"

Have not even seen much about it in recent years.

do you carry any form of insurance?

Ps we tried to invoke the then "guarantee" on our 4th Carnival Cruise about 5 yrs ago, although we booked and paid in the US we were denied as the said guarantee only applied to US and Canadian citizens.

Can't go wrong with any cruise line. All offer food, accommodation, entertainment and port visits. After that it is up to you how much fun you have.

Have sailed on Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian and have never had a bad cruise in any of them.

Lots of bad reputations for all cruise lines. The ones that come to mind

Carnival - Walmart at Sea, Party ship full of drunks, ship full of trailer trash, ships falling apart

Norwegian - Freestyle is crap, nickel and dimed for everything including housekeeping, substandard food in free restaurants that force people to pay extra to eat well

I am sure there are other negatives about every cruise line but none are coming to mind.

Most negatives come from people that are just born complainers and nothing will make them happy or they have only heard these thing and have never actually set foot on board

Have fun on Carnival or Princess whichever you choose!!! :D

I always steered away from Carnival b/c of their "party" reputation. But 2 years ago, their price couldn't be beat and I had the best Southern Caribbean cruise ever!

I have been on one Princess cruise and while I would say they are step up from Carnival in terms of food and entertainment, you get what you pay for and it certainly wouldn't keep me from cruising Carnival!

I just got back from cruising on Carnival last month and in the middle of posting my review now and did the same ports as you. If you'd like to read the start of my review, the link is: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1953119

Just enjoy - whichever cruise you decide!