Recommendations for 8&10 y/o

manda513

We will be heading to the Cayman's in March and looking for some recommendations on excursions. My kids aren't the best swimmers and on the smaller side so worry a bit about a stingray tour although its totally not off the table. So for 2 adults & 8/10 y/o girls what would you do with a day in the cayman's?

Amanda from KY

wife to Danny

Mom to two girls K (10) and C (8)

First sailing on Carnival Imagination May 2010

Carnival Liberty May 2012 for hubbys graduation

Carnival Dream March 2013 (first balcony!)

Next up- Carnival Sunshine March 30th 2014.

Celebrating hubbys graduation (Bachelors degree!) and our 10 year anniversary with our first Spa room.

I'd go to the beach! But, that's just me! I love a good beach day! GC beaches are awesome and the water is calm and its easy to get to on the bus. Shopping is right across from the tender port! Cheap (well, for GC!) and easy day!

Edited by cb at sea

I would look into a Rum Point excursion. GREAT beach for kids. Water is usually super calm, very relaxed a lot of shade, not crowded (usually). It's not far from Starfish area so you could walk there and see the starfish I would think. (I haven't been there in a while, so someone else could help on that). It's a little bit of a hike from the docks (45 minutes or so) so you can't really taxi or bus there, but an excursion would be nice.

Thanks for the ideas. Going to check the places out. Anyone had any experience with the pirate ship? It looks pretty cool!

Amanda from KY

wife to Danny

Celebrating hubbys graduation (Bachelors degree!) and our 10 year anniversary with our first Spa room.

Turtle farm! I just got back with our 9 and 10 year olds. Way better than I expected. We purchased the full package, $45 per adult and $25 per kid with a 20% online purchase discount.

They have touch tanks where you can lean over and pick the turtles up, as well as a waist high pool which you can go into and wade around with the turtles. They have large pools where you can see 600 lb turtles.

The full package also includes snorkeling in a huge lagoon, where you can swim with fish and turtles. They provide life jackets and full snorkel gear included in the admission price. There is also an underwater window into the predator reef, so you can "swim with the sharks" (sharks are on the other side of the window). Additionally, they have a large swimming pool with a waterslide and a waterfall you can swim behind.

Our kids loved it, it was a highlight of our trip.

Thanks for the ideas. Going to check the places out. Anyone had any experience with the pirate ship? It looks pretty cool!

Amanda from KY

wife to Danny

Oooh the Pirate Ships is supposed to be really fun! Haven't done it myself, but have had friends do it with their boys and loved it. Especially when they had Dad walk the plank!!

We have done the stingray sandbar tour twice now. It's amazing and we just got back a few days ago. Our daughter was 4 the last time and now 5 and she had no problems. You can stand in the middle of the ocean on the sand at the sandbar (hence the name), but you are also required to wear a life jacket as well. Even if you can swim, you can do this tour. It's the best experience ever! :)