Carnival chooses room question

Cookson

Victory sets sail february 3rd, which isn't terribly far from now. We booked it about a week ago with the option that Carnival will choose our room for us to save a little extra cash, just wondering how long it takes for them to select the room. Has anyone ever had to wait till the day of cruise to find out what room that will be?

Edited by Cookson

I'd say don't be shocked if you don't find out until week of sailing. I 've had this happen. Some don't find out until actual check-in at the port!:eek:

Don't stress it'll be wonderful - see you onboard;)

So if you don't know your stateroom, do you NOT give your luggage to the porters? Obviously we won't have luggage tags if we dont know our stateroom yet.

Glad to see another Victory bound member on the same sailing!

So if you don't know your stateroom, do you NOT give your luggage to the porters? Obviously we won't have luggage tags if we dont know our stateroom yet.

not sure, hopefully someone chimes in who's been there! are there TBD tags in your docs? I'm sure they have a system for this.

Glad to see another Victory bound member on the same sailing!

The porters have generic CCL luggage tags that they can use. They just add your cabin number on them and tie them to your bag.. You should know the cabin before you get to the port. I would give CCL a call and ask them what it is.

no problem

I took that option on my last cruise I found out my room assignment about 4 weeks before cruise. Just keep checking your booking on the CC line website. I knew my room assignment a full week before TA informed me.

On one Carnival cruise in October 2001 my luggage was tagged at home with TBD tags. When we arrived at the Port Of Miami the porters had a list of all the TBD passengers for the sailing on the Carnival Paradise. They advised me at the pier that I was originally assigned to an oceanview cabin on the Empress Deck but was upgraded to a Suite on the Upper Deck. That was the only time that I received a free upgrade for my family in my twenty five plus cruises.

I've booked a guarantee before and I have been assigned a cabin number as far out as a week after booking (3 months before cruise) and as close as 1 week before sailing. We tend not to book a guarantee cabin because we don't want to get stuck with the room with the bunk beds (1 upper bed and 1 lower bed). When we are travelling as a couple we obviously want the rooms with beds that convert to a king. However, when we cruise with DD, we don't mind booking guarantee because most of the triples I have seen have lower beds that convert to king and one upper bed for DD.

Cookson: Waiting for your cabin assignment is part of the excitement!!! Good luck to you. My only advice would be to pack ear plugs, in case you wind up with a cabin that's in a noisy area. What you're hoping (IMHO!) for is a cabin that's surrounded (up/down/left/right) by other cabins -- that would be the quietest. But you never know...

Good luck & happy sailing!