3 year old what to wear for Mayan Ruins

Sparkygirl

We will be cruising in January and are taking our 3 year old with us on an excursion to Altun Ha. She is very very fair skinned. I'm trying to figure out what is best for her to wear on this excursion. Trying to balance the heat with the the sun and bugs.

Ds2 was 4 when we went to Lamanai, he was dressed in a white short sleeved sun shirt and light coloured shorts. Then we slathered him in sunscreen and bug repellant, which we reapplied liberally every couple of hours. He was fine, the bugs love to bite him (and me!) but we didn't have a single bite.

Don't forget a good sun hat, light coloured if you can find one. We also put bug repellant in their hair, but the boys both had very short hair at the time and it would have been very easy for them to get bites on their scalp.

Needless to say everyone had a good shower once we got back to the ship!

Enjoy the ruins, our boys still talk about this excursion 2 years later :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My DD is very fair. We've visited several ruins. We start out with shorts and a rashguard(SPF) shirt. She gets hot very easily, so I take a tank along and just apply additional sunscreen when the SPF shirt comes off. Be careful with ordinary shirts - most will not offer adequate sun protection - little ones can easily get a sunburn through a shirt.