Luggage Tags

jim in cleveland

A lot of us on our Roll Call for the Quest on the 20th have had trouble getting luggage tags as well. I called Azamara directly and had the rep go into my reservation and she took care of it for me. I had my tags within three weeks. It's been taking anywhere from one to four weeks for the tags to come. The rep told me they've been having some issues with the company they've contracted with to mail out the tags. I'd call and complain so at least they'll have it on record that you too didn't get the best service.

The last page of your Xpress Pass has a template of your luggage tag so it is possible to make your own at home. Or just wait for the porter at the pier to make you one.

The last page of your Xpress Pass has a template of your luggage tag so it is possible to make your own at home. Or just wait for the porter at the pier to make you one.

That page specifically said not to print out the template to use it as a luggage tag.

This is my first Azamara cruise. I cruise with Royal and Celebrity and they have the luggage tags on one of the pages of the cruise documents that come 30-45 days before the sailing date. You print out that page of the PDF set of documents (as many tags as you need) and fold as directed.

I found no place to order luggage tags on the Azamara web site. Should I have my TA call them and order them for me?

That page specifically said not to print out the template to use it as a luggage tag.

This is my first Azamara cruise. I cruise with Royal and Celebrity and they have the luggage tags on one of the pages of the cruise documents that come 30-45 days before the sailing date. You print out that page of the PDF set of documents (as many tags as you need) and fold as directed.

I found no place to order luggage tags on the Azamara web site. Should I have my TA call them and order them for me?

That's not exactly what it said; read it again. Someone on our Roll Call said they like to have their tags affixed to their luggage if they fly so in the rare case that the bags get lost, they can be sent to the ship. It's perfectly alright to use that template to make your own luggage tag if necessary. Also, the reason you're not seeing where to order your tags is that you're looking for them too soon. The message that the tags are ready does not come until you're closer to your sailing. You don't need to call anyone to order them for you unless of course you haven't gotten any like the OP and it's nearly time to sail. You order them yourself just as you would on X or RCI.

Phil--you're right that the porters will take care of the tags for you at the pier. Now that Royal Caribbean doesn't send them out anymore, we have the porters write up the tags for us. It takes only a minute or two. Somehow though, I like getting the tags in the mail. Symbolic beginning of the cruise and all that. :D

Someone on our Roll Call said they like to have their tags affixed to their luggage if they fly so in the rare case that the bags get lost, they can be sent to the ship.

That's interesting. On other threads, posters have suggested that it is best to keep the tagging as simple as possible lest it creates confusion for the airlines.

True or not, I would be concerned that airline officials might just rip them off thinking they were superfluous. Thus we always affix ours upon leaving the hotel for the ship.

If memory serves, the tags are available from the ACC online check-in about 60 days prior to embarkation.

That's interesting. On other threads, posters have suggested that it is best to keep the tagging as simple as possible lest it creates confusion for the airlines.

True or not, I would be concerned that airline officials might just rip them off thinking they were superfluous. Thus we always affix ours upon leaving the hotel for the ship.

If memory serves, the tags are available from the ACC online check-in about 60 days prior to embarkation.

Nah, I think you're okay on that one. We've always put our tags on our luggage before leaving the house and we've never had any problems with our bags going through the airport. The luggage tags look significantly different than the ones the airlines put on. No way they could be confused with anything other than what they are. I'm sure all the airport luggage handlers are well used to cruise tags.

One nice thing happened to us when we were at the airport waiting to board a plane to Italy for our Med cruise on the Solstice. We sat down next to these people who had the same tags on their carry-on bags as we did. Turned out we were both on the same cruise, and it made for some very nice conversation while we all waited for the plane.