Saturday, December 14, 2013: Westerdam Sail-Away

innlady1

When we get that much snow everything closes for days and the schools for at least a week. In central Virginia "snow" is a four letter word of the worst kind!

It's a 4 letter word here too - unfortunately the weathermen and news people persist on swearing here on a regular basis in the winter:p

When we get that much snow everything closes for days and the schools for at least a week. In central Virginia "snow" is a four letter word of the worst kind!

Where are you? We lived in Virginia for 20 years, Springfield and Falls Church. I know about snow and ice in the South!:eek:

Where is it going? From Florida to Europe?

It's going to Vancouver.

From FLL to Panama, Central America and some of Mexico and then up the Pacific Coast. You can get off in Seattle, San Diego or Vancouver :)

From FLL to Panama, Central America and some of Mexico and then up the Pacific Coast. You can get off in Seattle, San Diego or Vancouver :)

Right now, it's book another cruise or redo my kitchen counter tops.

I think the kitchen is going to win out for now.

This kind of weather really brings home the wisdom of getting to your cruiseport at least a day earlier :)

As Sapper said, the Westerdam is repositioning to Alaska via the Panama Canal. In 2015. Dh says we should go and just stay on and do Alaska, too.

I think you DH is giving you very sound advice :D

This kind of weather really brings home the wisdom of getting to your cruiseport at least a day earlier :)

It sure does. Flights are a mess everywhere. 1,000's cancelled. Feel for those who had plans :(