Carnival Splendor Balcony or Premium Balcony?

Marney*

I hope to book Carnival Splendor for the Bahamas for next November. The price for a balcony and premium balcony is the same for Empress deck category 8B. Can anyone tell me the difference in the two staterooms? Would you lose size in the cabin to have a premium balcony - what is a "premium" balcony? Any advice would be appreciated as I would like to book this tomorrow!! Thanks.

I hope to book Carnival Splendor for the Bahamas for next November. The price for a balcony and premium balcony is the same for Empress deck category 8B. Can anyone tell me the difference in the two staterooms? Would you lose size in the cabin to have a premium balcony - what is a "premium" balcony? Any advice would be appreciated as I would like to book this tomorrow!! Thanks.

The difference for one, is the size of the balcony. The premium balcony is much much larger. They are referred as "L" shaped cabins or "bowling ball" balconies.

The bed faces the TWO windows. One downside (not to us though) is that there is no couch. We have had cabins 8446 and 6475.

If you go to:

cruise line rooms dot com

you will see the actual pictures of our cabins. They are amazing and we book the premium cabins every chance we get. GO FOR IT...:o