A laundry question

BlueLadyBlue

I mix the colors in the laundry bag and never separate whites from darks.

Our laundry has always come back just fine.

Some of us have mentioned a number of times, we don't send particularly delicate of precious fiber articles but for usual laundry and dry cleaning, we've been very pleased with HAL's service.

I've never heard of "booking" your unlimited laundry. Is that only for suites, and if not, where can I find that offer. :D

OP is referencing buying an unlimited laundry package. All HAL cruises offer it and the price varies by length of your cruise.

OP is referencing buying an unlimited laundry package. All HAL cruises offer it and the price varies by length of your cruise.

North American departures are currently $7.00 per cabin per day. Europe is usually a few dollars more.

North American departures are currently $7.00 per cabin per day. Europe is usually a few dollars more.

And worth every penny. :D We had the unlimited on our 19 day Panama Canal cruise. Sent stuff out every 2nd or 3rd day - everything came back neatly folded in tissue paper in a wicker basket.

Is it ok to send delicates like bras and lightweight fabrics you'd normally wash on delicate cycle?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I hand wash my 'dainties'. I use the provided Elemis shampoo. I figure if it is gentle enough for my hair, it's gentle enough for my hand laundry. :) I don't send out pricey undies that might go in a hot dryer. It would destroy them.

I hand wash my 'dainties'. I use the provided Elemis shampoo. I figure if it is gentle enough for my hair, it's gentle enough for my hand laundry. :) I don't send out pricey undies that might go in a hot dryer. It would destroy them.

Thanks! Good tip :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks all, great answers as always. FYI we are on the 51 day spice route cruise so unlimited laundry will be a huge benefit. I will be totally spoiled by the time I disembark. :D

I think it must have been on the NCL forum where it was suggested lights and darks be kept separate. HAL seems to have this well in hand. Thanks for the tip on the "dainties".

We booked in July 2012 so it's been a long time coming but we're on count down now. Yeah. First HAL cruise. :D:D

Same here. We've done the laundry package on 2 cruises and now can't imagine doing it any other way.