Christmas e-mail

Krazy Kruizers

I don't see why HAL is offending anyone wishing them "Seasons Greetings". Christmas is a religious holiday and I don't send our non-Christian friends a Christmas card, but do send them a Seasons Greeting or Happy Holiday card. For those who I know celebrate Christmas I send a Christmas card. Why would I wish my Jewish friends Merry Christmas when they do not celebrate the birth of Christ? HAL couldn't possibly know or want to know the religious affiliation, if there even is one, of all their customers, so they wish all HH or SG. It is the holiday season, not necessarily a Christmas celebration, for all their pax. Why should that be offensive to anyone?

So agree with this. Even my mom back in the 50's sent "Season's Greeting" cards. We had friends of all faiths and some with no faith. I'm an atheist but I love Christmas because of the decorations, parties, and get togethers with friends and family.:D

Back in the old days -- ie the 60-70's, we always sent Season's Greetings. We could never be sure about the recipients feelings, but we knew they had holidays. My best card was a Tree where they was a cat hanging off the top saying -- oops, season's greetings.

When we both moved in to management we had to be even more careful so I just sent basic Starbucks cards -- no one complained

I don't see why HAL is offending anyone wishing them "Seasons Greetings". Christmas is a religious holiday and I don't send our non-Christian friends a Christmas card, but do send them a Seasons Greeting or Happy Holiday card. For those who I know celebrate Christmas I send a Christmas card. Why would I wish my Jewish friends Merry Christmas when they do not celebrate the birth of Christ? HAL couldn't possibly know or want to know the religious affiliation, if there even is one, of all their customers, so they wish all HH or SG. It is the holiday season, not necessarily a Christmas celebration, for all their pax. Why should that be offensive to anyone?

I also have 3 different set of cards that I send out during this time of the year.

So agree with this. Even my mom back in the 50's sent "Season's Greeting" cards. We had friends of all faiths and some with no faith. I'm an atheist but I love Christmas because of the decorations, parties, and get togethers with friends and family.:D

Come on over.

The party begins at 8 on Saturday.

There is a person who helps me throughout the year and I like to thank him at the Holidays. I know he does not celebrate any holiday at this time of year and have settled on writing a note wishing him and his family the best of good health in happiness as we turn the page to a new calendar. I give it to him just before New Years and say we all are starting a new year and he is never offended with the way I give him a bit of extra cash by this method.

That is actually the most appropriate way. One of my coworkers is a Witness and we've discussed this in detail. He can accept cash and gifts as long as they are not associated with a holiday/birthday.

That is actually the most appropriate way. One of my coworkers is a Witness and we've discussed this in detail. He can accept cash and gifts as long as they are not associated with a holiday/birthday.

The person I referenced is a Witness. :)

I know enough about his beliefs to be sensitive to what is appropriate or not. I would never want to offend him by offering something he'd feel obliged to decline. The first year I handed him the envelope, he paused and I 'read his mind'. That is when I said this is to wish you and your family the best as we begin a new year on the calendar. He smiled, took the note card and thanked me. :) I have done the same for abougt 12 years now.

I use a personal note card and nothing that is indicative of any holiday or event.

In our community friends and strangers offer my family holiday greetings for a holiday we don’t celebrate. It never occurred to me to be offended. I take it to mean that they are wishing for me the same feelings of celebration and joy that they associate with their holiday. I don’t think anyone is trying to “recruit” me, and I’m a pretty smart woman, they aren't going to “trick” me into believing with a friendly greeting. Life is hard sometimes for our family, I’m happy to receive any sincere wish of happiness and good will.

I don't understand what you mean "wine petition" fallout.

I never signed any petition.

I started the petition and was the one who sent it in too....and still haven't received a HAL holiday greeting for any of the holidays celebrated this time of year

Edited by ekkc10753