Need a cabin with TUB, any advice?

imshirlee

Sorry, what? I don't understand your comment since you contradicted your self here. Unless you were making a joke. :D

Sorry... I see where that could be confusing. I put the part in parentheses to point out that I realize that such a thing isn't real, even though somebody might actually try to use that term to get an upgrade.

OP, I hope you can work something out. I love baths and have mobility issues and I am unable to get in and out of a tub. On our next cruise we have booked a room at our hotel which has an accessible bathtub. I am so looking forward to it.

Good luck on your cruise and I hope you have a wonderful time.

Having cruised many times with someone with MS, always contact the special needs dept, call them, and always pay for the least you will be happy with. There is no way around paying for the cabin of your need level. I do agree with someone a few posts back...take a NSAID (Motrin, Advil, etc) about 20-30 min prior to getting out of bed, then visit the hot tub to relax and get yourself moving...IF the hot shower on a shower seat won't do the trick. Someone in your family can always assist you to the hot tub. Best of luck and have a good cruise.

what kind of hip? I need BOTH done and am beginning to do my research esp since Tricare is not the most flexible of insurance policies.....

Full replacement - there was a bone wrapped completely around my right hip joint (ouch) - still have arthritis in the left, but it's not that bad, so I'm waiting to replace that one. Anyway, I did ask the orthopedist what "parts" he was going to use since I work in IP law and have worked several trials involving parts manufactured by a few different companies. He informed me that he designed his own replacement (Beuchel-Pappas replacement). I feel so much better and can do things I haven't been able to do in years.

Definitely NO free upgrades handed out for medical reasons. In all the years of cruising with a disability do to MS have never received an upgrade for medical reasons because I don't won't to pay the cost for the room that best suits my needs. It's totally unrealistic of you to expect any cruise line ,not just RCCL, to do that.

Those of us with disabilities book the cabin that best suits our needs and expect to pay accordingly. If the cost is too much than we rethink the dates of the cruise.

I agree completely with this. And the fact that OP is sailing in less than 3 weeks makes any kind of change that much more unlikely. OP, were you JUST diagnosed with this or have you had it for a while? :confused: