Vancouver Sheraton Wall Centre

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry this isn't an answer to your question.

But I have another question for you Nanietwo....When in September are you staying there? Hubby and I are going to be there in September too, precruise, and I was wondering the same thing about the two towers. From what I could gather, it appears that the North Tower is newer than the South Tower.

Here is a link to their website:

http://www.sheratonwallcentre.com/facilities.htm?page=lodgings

And a link to Tripadvisor member reviews on the Sheraton Wall Centre:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review?geo=154943&detail=183636&from=Home&inMonth=09/2005&inDay=24&outMonth=09/2005&outDay=26&adults=2&hs=hac1:10023#UserReviews

We are staying at the Sheraton Wall Centre Sept 5,6 precruise our cruise on the Carnival Spirit. I booked through Priceline. I called the hotel to ask if we can have the North Tower and they told me you cann't make request until you book in.

My DH and I stayed there pre Alaskan cruise a few years ago, and while I do not remember which tower we were in I do remember what a beautiful hotel it was. The hotel workers were excellent. I do have a tip for you if heights don't bother you stay as high up as you can the rooms haev balconies and BEAUTIFUL views. Enjoy your stay.

My DH and I stayed there pre Alaskan cruise a few years ago, and while I do not remember which tower we were in I do remember what a beautiful hotel it was. The hotel workers were excellent. I do have a tip for you if heights don't bother you stay as high up as you can the rooms have balconies and BEAUTIFUL views. Enjoy your stay.

MszKitty,

We are staying at the Sheraton on September 23rd and 24th and then we board Holland America's Ryndam on the 25th and do a 3 night cruise down to San Diego and then we are staying on the ship and doing a 10 day down to Mexico and the Copper Canyon and then back to San Diego which is where we live.

What days are you staying at the Sheraton?

phabric,

We bought our room on priceline and about a month ago I called and asked to be in the North Tower and was told they would put in that request. I told the girl at the Sheraton I heard the North Tower was better than the South Tower and she said she liked the South Tower better and that is why I started this thread.

MszKitty,

We are staying at the Sheraton on September 23rd and 24th and then we board Holland America's Ryndam on the 25th and do a 3 night cruise down to San Diego and then we are staying on the ship and doing a 10 day down to Mexico and the Copper Canyon and then back to San Diego which is where we live.

What days are you staying at the Sheraton?

We will be there the same weekend! However, we arrive on the 24th, check out on the 26th, leaving on the Princess Sapphire 5 night cruise down to Los Angeles. (We live about 35 miles from the port.) This will be our first time on Princess, so thought we'd try just a short cruise to see if we like it.:)

We have never cruised on Princess either but have always wanted to try it.

We have cruised on Carnival, Celebrity (our favorite), RCL, Holland America, and Norwegian.

What is the Mystery Cruise on the Monarch?

Maybe since we will both be at the Sheraton on the 24th we can meet for a drink? It is always fun to meet fellow cruisers.

The murder mystery cruise is an event on the ship put on by a company that specializes in that. Its like dinner theater type thingys where you are interact with the actors and try to solve a murder. Here is a link to the company that puts it on: Whodunitcruises.com

(DISCLAIMER for the monitors: Whodunit productions does NOT sell the cruise. You do not buy the cruise from them.

They are not a travel agent, they are the production company that puts on the activity.

They direct you to purchase your cruise from your own TA or cruiseline directly.) :)

The mystery cruise sounds fun and I do like the Monarch we were on it in April and had a great time.

I sure hope the weather is good in Vancouver when we are there. We did a Alaska cruise a few years ago and stopped in Vancouver for the day and it rained so much we did not get to see anything.

The mystery cruise sounds fun and I do like the Monarch we were on it in April and had a great time.

I sure hope the weather is good in Vancouver when we are there. We did a Alaska cruise a few years ago and stopped in Vancouver for the day and it rained so much we did not get to see anything.

Hmmm...note to self...pack umbrella.

Thanks for the heads up about the weather in Vancouver. I hadn't thought about rain.

Archived