Mariner discount question

ZSandy25

We are three star Mariners (getting close to that four:)) and receive the appropriate discount onboard. I want to pre-book some reservations for the PG and the LeCirque Dinner. It's a big anniversary and birthday celebration and I want to be able to pick my time and date for dining.

If I pre-book I will be paying full price on my CC without the discount. Will the discount for the dinners be automatically applied to my shipboard account, am I just out of luck, or will I have to go to the front desk and plead my case?:confused:

I book directly on the HAL site and have to plug in all my info so they know my status, I wish the discount would automatically be applied when booking.....just a dream!

We are sailing with the Explore 4 pkg. and will receive a free dinner at the PG. I'm not sure how this is going to work in regards to the date and time. It may be at their discretion to assign the dining. Will be waiting to see CC posts after they have experienced the Explore pkg.

I am not going to worry about how this may play out with my dates of choice. I'm sure I will be able to work it out once onboard.

We are three star Mariners (getting close to that four:)) and receive the appropriate discount onboard. I want to pre-book some reservations for the PG and the LeCirque Dinner. It's a big anniversary and birthday celebration and I want to be able to pick my time and date for dining.

If I pre-book I will be paying full price on my CC without the discount. Will the discount for the dinners be automatically applied to my shipboard account, am I just out of luck, or will I have to go to the front desk and plead my case?:confused:

I book directly on the HAL site and have to plug in all my info so they know my status, I wish the discount would automatically be applied when booking.....just a dream!

We are sailing with the Explore 4 pkg. and will receive a free dinner at the PG. I'm not sure how this is going to work in regards to the date and time. It may be at their discretion to assign the dining. Will be waiting to see CC posts after they have experienced the Explore pkg.

I am not going to worry about how this may play out with my dates of choice. I'm sure I will be able to work it out once onboard.

As far as I have experienced, the discount will show up after you have dined, on your shipboard account. We have had no problems with it being done automatically. I have heard they will "sometime in the future" adjust it as you book online, but haven't seen that happen.

As I understand and discussed on this board, the Explore 4 PG reservation will be booked by HAL, with no choice by the guest. Have yet to hear differently.

We did a 30-some day cruise earlier this year. On-line I'd made several PG reservations prior to boarding, prepaying the full amount. Checking our on board account, we received the 4* discount for all reservations on the day we boarded. Even the discount for the PG dinner our very last night, 30-some days later, was credited that first day.

Who knows, the policy can be different on different ships.

Every cruise, I pre-book our Pinnacle reservations and our Five Star discounts/free dinners are always reflected on our shipboard account after we actually have our Pinnacle Dinners. We have never had any issue getting the refund credited.

I always pre book and have never had a problem getting the discount applied to our bill.
The first time we pre-booked a PG and it wasn't discounted on the ship we were told that the discount only applied for reservations made on the ship. This was very soon after pre-books were first possible, and I don't know if the ship made a mistake or they soon changed the policy to what it currently is.

Since that time we have twice not automatically gotten the discount and had to go to the front desk to remind them.

Edited by jtl513

We did a 30-some day cruise earlier this year. On-line I'd made several PG reservations prior to boarding, prepaying the full amount. Checking our on board account, we received the 4* discount for all reservations on the day we boarded. Even the discount for the PG dinner our very last night, 30-some days later, was credited that first day.

Who knows, the policy can be different on different ships.

Booked three PG dinners for our recent Panama Canal cruise and received the 50% deduction on the date we boarded.