Patti LuPone - World Cruise

DCCruiser57

It appears that Patti LuPone may not be on the world cruise. She was supposed to be on board from LA to Honolulu. However, her name has been dropped from the information pages for the world cruise on the website. Has anyone heard what happened? If true, pretty disappointing - was really looking forward to seeing her perform.

Haven't heard anything. This is a MAJOR disappointment. I was looking forward to having a conversation with her. Saw her live in "Evita" in San Francisco years ago, and just recently in "Company" on PBS. Would love some news on this.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the following e-mail from Seabourn concerning Pattie Lupone.

Thank you for contacting Seabourn Cruise Line in regards to Patti Lupone. Please be advised that Patti Lupone will not be joining Seabourn for the full World Cruise. She had to pull out due to an unexpected family medical issue. Replacing her will be Grammy-Award Singer/Songwriter Melissa Manchester.

It appears that Patti LuPone may not be on the world cruise. She was supposed to be on board from LA to Honolulu. However, her name has been dropped from the information pages for the world cruise on the website. Has anyone heard what happened? If true, pretty disappointing - was really looking forward to seeing her perform.

We noticed this, too. I was awfuly disappointed, having seen her perform live many times. Could it be that there won't be any celebrity entertainers on board? Hope not. They had Marvin Hamlish last year, if I recall correctly...

We noticed this, too. I was awfuly disappointed, having seen her perform live many times. Could it be that there won't be any celebrity entertainers on board? Hope not. They had Marvin Hamlish last year, if I recall correctly...

Just read your update. So sorry to hear that she's got a family medical issue. Not so sure about Melissa Manchester, but going in with an open mind...

Just got the following e-mail from Seabourn concerning Pattie Lupone.

Thank you for contacting Seabourn Cruise Line in regards to Patti Lupone. Please be advised that Patti Lupone will not be joining Seabourn for the full World Cruise. She had to pull out due to an unexpected family medical issue. Replacing her will be Grammy-Award Singer/Songwriter Melissa Manchester.

Just went to my dusty vinyl collection and located 3 Melissa Manchester LPs from the mid-70s: "Melissa," "Better Days & Happy Endings," and "Help is On the Way." I think I'll have to take the album jackets along for autographs!

Nothing on the Seabourn website about this. They've got the list of speakers and artists as a part of the promotion for the full world cruise on Sojourn, but Melissa is not mentioned.

Meanwhile, since I have too much time on my hands, I did a Wikipedia on Melissa and reminded myself that she was once a back-up singer for Bette Midler, one of the original Harlettes! And she was born just 3 weeks after me! I will try to not be too much of a groupie, I promise.