Tenders: Love 'em or....?

When it comes to tendering in port I....  

110 members have voted

1. 1. When it comes to tendering in port I....

• ...get excited! Love the close-up shots of ship. And being on a small boat at sea.
    • ...groan. It'll take forever to go between ship and port.
    • ...can't say. Have never been to a port where we've tendered.
    • Other...please comment below.

Risk of missing port in rough waters. You rarely have that problem when docking. These tenders aren't fun boat rides either, just one more added part of transportation.

Missed one port ever. A non-tender port. Rough weather is rough weather and can prevent going ashore, docked or tendered.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Gosh, I've missed a lot of tender ports, including Norwegian's private island, Grand Cayman a couple of times, and Guernsey once -- but have been lucky enough to make it there twice! One port that I've had no luck with is Italy's Sorrento. I think I'm 0 for 5 on that one. Kind of a funny story: My husband and I met in Naples, on a cruise ship. We got engaged while on a ship traveling from Civitavecchia to, next port, Sorrento. When we woke up and looked outside...it looked an awful lot like, yes, Naples. Couldn't get into Sorrento. But in a way, it was a really nice coincidence!

I'm still trying to get to Sorrento, however. I'm determined to succeed one way or another (may just drive there on a land vacation!).

Carolyn

Consider yourself lucky. Many miss Guernsey and grand Cayman.

Gosh, I've missed a lot of tender ports, including Norwegian's private island, Grand Cayman a couple of times, and Guernsey once -- but have been lucky enough to make it there twice! One port that I've had no luck with is Italy's Sorrento. I think I'm 0 for 5 on that one. Kind of a funny story: My husband and I met in Naples, on a cruise ship. We got engaged while on a ship traveling from Civitavecchia to, next port, Sorrento. When we woke up and looked outside...it looked an awful lot like, yes, Naples. Couldn't get into Sorrento. But in a way, it was a really nice coincidence!

I'm still trying to get to Sorrento, however. I'm determined to succeed one way or another (may just drive there on a land vacation!).

Carolyn

Great story Carolyn. Hopefully, you'll get to Sorrento at some point. We got there on a tour from Naples to Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast. I admit that I prefer Positano to Sorrento.

We have a tender next summer in Nynashamn and I'm not looking forward to it.