I made a BIG mistake!!

FireBadge1

This was our FIRST AND LAST Carnival cruise Very little was good. They pushed drinks EXTREMELY hard.....ALLthe time. Give me a break. We were on the DREAM. It was a nice ship....but little to do but PARTY AND DRINK.Fortunately they had Punchliners Comedy Club. I noticed many people like us at every performance....excellent comedians. Most of the crew was friendly....but slow.We waited an average of 30-45 minutes in the dining room for our dinners after ordering.....totally unaceptable. Most food very blah....andVERY small quantities. I ordered 2 prime rib dinners to get 2 pieces of meat the size of a soup spoon. The cold soups were excellent.....but you cant survive on soup.

There was sewer smell, diesel exhaust smell, dirty balcony windows and balcony glass.......etc etc.

They took 2 bottles of wine from us at check in..........left the 2 of us with 4 bottles........go figure. On the other hand...........walked on from Cozumel with 2 liter bottles of Crown Royal................NOT A WORD hehehehee

END RESULT: never Carnival again.....back on Princess ......

This was Our experience.....off the ship inPort Canaveral yesterday. I hope all of you that love Carnival have a better experience. You can have our spot on the ship............we will NOT be on Carnival again!!!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Forums mobile app

FireBadge1

Veendam-76

Sea Princess-99

Grand Princess-2000

Grand Princess-2000

Sea Princess-2001

Golden Princess-2001

Grand Princess-April 14, 2002

Grand Princess- Nov 9, 2003

Caribbean Princess-Nov. 19,2006

Caribbean Princess- December 23, 2007

Grand Princess- December 19, 2008

Emerald Princess- January 2011 B2B

I respectfully recommend that you stay away from Carnival. If you didn't like the Dream, I feel that you may not like any other ship in the Carnival fleet. The Dream is one of the newest ships in the fleet with the most to offer. We enjoyed sailing on the Dream (in fact, one of our best Carnival cruises), but I know that the Dream and Carnival are not for everybody.

I will be sailing on Princess for the first time in 2014 with very high expectations, partly because of Princess cruisers like you that rave about them. Hope that Princess can live up to the expectations! :)

This was Our experience.....off the ship inPort Canaveral yesterday. I hope all of you that love Carnival have a better experience. You can have our spot on the ship............we will NOT be on Carnival again!!!

Ok then. See ya!

Everyone has to find a product that suits them. However, I REALLY DOUBT it took two prime ribs to make a soup spoon of meat. I laugh when people say the portions were small. You can order all you want folks. I like not having ginormous amounts of food served. Only gain about 2 pounds each cruise. :D

Edited by 2 cruzen

You should have used the Carnival happiness guarantee!! Tell them you want off the ship in the 1st 24 hours . They get you off at the first port. They refund you 100% + pay for your flight home

But Go to Princess!!! Carnival still loves taking your money over there!!:p

Edited by limoguy1

They will.

I'm willing to bet though, guest services will promise and try to change as much as they can to keep the unhappy guest(s) on board.

Well sure Guest service will try but the guarantee does exist.

If you stick yo your guns, they will get you off the first port.

But, you MUST make your claim within the first 24hrs.

After that, your on your own.:eek:

Edited by limoguy1

Sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise on Carnival Dream. I would imagine it sucks to spend that amount of money and take vacation time away from work to have such a horrible time.

We have sailed mostly on Carnival, but also on NCL, Princess and Royal Caribbean and have enjoyed all of our cruises on them. Some we like better than others but we still have a great time.

I hope your next cruise is awesome! :)

Everyone has to find a product that suits them. However, I REALLY DOUBT it took two prime ribs to make a soup spoon of meat. I laugh when people say the portions were small. You can order all you want folks. I like not having ginormous amounts of food served. Only gain about 2 pounds each cruise. :D

IMO when people go to such extreme to prove their like or dislike of something by posting something that clearly isn't true I tend to totally disregard everything they say. Especially when it is about something like not having big enough portions. The food is unlimited on a cruise. All you have to do is ask. It probably saves money to serve smaller portions in the mdr as there is less food waste while still allowing those that want it to order additional. I fail to see why this is such a big deal.

Definitely goes to show you that on any given cruise there will be a wide difference in cruise experience. I also got off this cruise with you yesterday and had a wonderful time. The weather was dreary most days and think that set quite a few people in a bad mood. There was one "Scooter Mama" that was a major speed demon and we had to keep our eyes open for her so we could dodge her as she flew by on several occasions.

Agree 100% about the comedy club, did a great job there. We did eat in the steakhouse on 2 nights which was fabulous and had ATD in the Crimson room. Our food was never "hot" in the MDR but the service was never real slow for us and some dishes were very good while others were indeed just average. Never was bothered by bar servers more than once, a simple "no thank you" always worked for us.

We did have a lot of fun with trivia, scavenger hunt and similar games with other passengers which were throughout most days. Night shows were hit and miss for us, not really a fan of the 8 second country theme show but Dancing in the Streets was quite fun we thought. Didn't make the show with the singer they flew on board for special performance, heard she was quite good. The Christmas themed events were fun for children and adults.

At brunch on our last day we had two couples that complained about how bad Carnival was throughout the entire meal. I wanted to ask them "Why are you on this cruise if you knew Carnival would be so awful" but didn't and bit my tongue and enjoyed the other couples we sat with at our table for 10.

I do wish that everyone that sailed Carnival was able to have as joyful of an experience as we usually have but realize that is unrealistic. I am sorry you had such an awful time. May all your future cruises on other lines live up to your expectations so that you can truly have a wonderful time.

Can't wait, just 62 days away from sailing on the Dream.

We always have a great cruise.

If you want to have a miserable time you can have one on any ship.

We have a positive attitude & so much fun, every time.

And an Aft Balcony this time........

WWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEE

This was our FIRST AND LAST Carnival cruise Very little was good. They pushed drinks EXTREMELY hard.....ALLthe time. Give me a break. We were on the DREAM. It was a nice ship....but little to do but PARTY AND DRINK.Fortunately they had Punchliners Comedy Club. I noticed many people like us at every performance....excellent comedians. Most of the crew was friendly....but slow.We waited an average of 30-45 minutes in the dining room for our dinners after ordering.....totally unaceptable. Most food very blah....andVERY small quantities. I ordered 2 prime rib dinners to get 2 pieces of meat the size of a soup spoon. The cold soups were excellent.....but you cant survive on soup.

There was sewer smell, diesel exhaust smell, dirty balcony windows and balcony glass.......etc etc.

They took 2 bottles of wine from us at check in..........left the 2 of us with 4 bottles........go figure. On the other hand...........walked on from Cozumel with 2 liter bottles of Crown Royal................NOT A WORD hehehehee

You are going to get burn to the stake, so be ready!

I addressed the serving size on my Princess cruise and was told it was an attempt to avoid waste. I noticed a difference in serving size for the first time on that cruise. I was searching for the lobster that I finally found under the two pieces of broccoli. It was not about ordering more, but I have a man's appetite, and like it to be properly wet in the first round. Others have complained about the slow service and not being able to get water refills. Princess and Carnival can be polar opposite experience, so if it was off, it could feel really bad. I enjoy both lines for completely different reasons.

Good news - you had tablecloth and cold soup:p

Edited by Blk_Amish

45 minutes to served your main course in the mdr? Not that bad considering they are preparing 2,000 meals

Anyways.. Bar service they are suspose to push drinks say no thanks they go away

Sometimes I read comments on here that make my jaw drop. Your defensive remark that said it was ok to take 45 minutes to serve an entree is incredible! I would say it certainly is not ok. Also if sitting by the pool trying to relax and a server asks me 5-6 times in an hour if I want a drink or the DOD, I do not find that ok or relaxing. I think Carnival does some things well. But if I observe things that are not acceptable, I offer my opinion. I have 26 cruises with Carnival alone but I do not defend things I know are subpar I raise those issues in hopes of providing feedback.

Sometimes I read comments on here that make my jaw drop. Your defensive remark that said it was ok to take 45 minutes to serve an entree is incredible! I would say it certainly is not ok. Also if sitting by the pool trying to relax and a server asks me 5-6 times in an hour if I want a drink or the DOD, I do not find that ok or relaxing. I think Carnival does some things well. But if I observe things that are not acceptable, I offer my opinion. I have 26 cruises with Carnival alone but I do not defend things I know are subpar I raise those issues in hopes of providing feedback.

I probably waited 30 minutes for my food at the local Italian place last night And there were only a dozen people in the place

Someone woke me up to offer me the DOD! I give myself at least 1.5-2 hours for the MDR

Edited by Blk_Amish

I didnt see too many big flames on this one for a change. Im a cheerleader but others are right... if u didnt enjoy yourself.. its a bummer. Carnival isnt for everybody... cruising isnt for everybody. Heres to hoping the OP finds their next experience more fulfilling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Well, you have to figure by the time they take your order, depending on how many starters, salad and soup you want, bring those, you eat them, then they bring the entree, 45 minutes is reasonable.

We usually spend 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours in the dining room. For us, it's an experience.

Others may want to inhale their food and be on their way, this would pose a problem, I guess.