Quark Sea Spirit 2/6/14-2/17/14

Oren

Anyone else on this particular cruise??? Since little has been written on this ship, I promise a detailed trip report with emphasis on the Sea Spirit ship herself. Food, accommodations, transfers, and activities too be reviewed... can't wait for the my 45th cruise on this expedition vessel!

Anyone else on this particular cruise??? Since little has been written on this ship, I promise a detailed trip report with emphasis on the Sea Spirit ship herself. Food, accommodations, transfers, and activities too be reviewed... can't wait for the my 45th cruise on this expedition vessel!

Alas, we're not on this cruise. But we were on the Sea Spirit for two back-to-back expeditions to Greenland in September. I hope to start posting in my blog about our trip, with snippets about the ship, soon.

In short, I can say that the ship performed very well in the rough seas we encountered crossing the Denmark Strait between Greenland and Iceland. We had a cabin on deck 5 that was well appointed; loved having the balcony to step out on at a moment's notice. The food was quite good; the service was impeccable. The expedition team were simply put ... wonderful. The landings were well organized and efficiently accomplished. And if you have Captain Peter at the helm you'll be getting into places you didn't think the ship could go ... he drives the Sea Spirit like a zodiac. His experience in and around ice, and respect for the environment he's sailing helps to make the voyage an amazing one.

Some lovely shots from around the ship h2 - but I wanted to say - I just had the most fascinating journey viewing all the modifications you made to your motor home - so many practical inclusions. As someone who grew up on the road in a 16ft caravan I really admire the ingenuity ! Have forwarded the link to my father as he will love it.