Need advice on these 2 South East Cruises

Widebay

Well guys I need your advice on two South East Asian Cruises in 2014 or 2015 on Sapphire Princess.

The first one - 10 night Malaysian Peninsula & Indonesia Cruise, which takes in

Bali, Kuala Lumpur, Penang in Malaysia, Phuket in Thailand, then back to Singapore.

The 2nd cruise is called Southeast Asia (which takes in Brunei, Naha Trang, Ho Chi Minh City, Sihanoukville (Cambodia), then to Bangkok, then Ko Samui in Thailand then back to Singapore.

Both cruises appeal to my wife & I, as we can fly to Singapore, and have some time with our son & his family, then depart on the cruise & return to Singapore again.

The price of the cruises look good, oceanview cabins starting from $1,799-$1,999. We have visited KL a few years ago, so may or may not visit again on either cruise listed above. However, all the other ports appeal to us, ie. Penang, Phuket, Bali.

Appreciate any advice from anyone who has done one of these cruises, and what is Sapphire Princess like?

We have been on the Sun Princess, is the Sapphire as good?

I'm more attracted to the 2nd cruise.

"The 2nd cruise is called Southeast Asia (which takes in Brunei, Naha Trang, Ho Chi Minh City, Sihanoukville (Cambodia), then to Bangkok, then Ko Samui in Thailand then back to Singapore."

Brunei is a country that you ordinarily wouldn't visit. But as a cruise port of call, it is ok. Their water village was interesting.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1813495&page=22

Stevanb - dear wife & I have decided to do exactly the cruise you did.

How did you find the cruise ship - Sapphire Princess, is it as good the Sun Princess?

Thanks for the information guys. Dear Wife & I have decided to do the Southeast cruise with Sapphire Princess either late 2014 or February 2015, with a stay in Singapore to see our son. I still have $100 SGD's on hand, so that will come in handy for taxi's/cafes etc, until it runs out, then back to ATM's in Singapore.

Then 2015 we want to fly/stay in Bali, looking at a Virgin holiday package, possibly 5 days in Seminyak, then 5 days in Ubud. However, a friend of mine stayed there recently at Sanur Beach, and just loved it. I guess Sanur is good for SUPB, my friend is a instructor on SUPB.

Must go, have a great Christmas wherever you are.

Had a great time we used private drivers

Stevanb - Can you email me your experiences/recommendations for drivers in the various ports? mjherm(at)execs(dot)com

Thanks in advance. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Hi guys, well yesterday booked & paid the deposit for the following Sapphire Princess Cruise -

Departs Singapore 13th February 2015:-

Visits - Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Ko Samui, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City, then back to Singapore.....a total of 11 days.

We didn't book the cruise that visits Bali, as we want to fly there from Australia, and stay a week or two.

After booking the cruise - rang my son in Singapore & he is looking forward to seeing us in 2015 (but we will fly over before then, for a little holiday with him & his family - We are thinking of 7 days in Singapore, then fly over to Tioman Island for 5 nights stay)

• 3 weeks later...
We did 10 night Malaysian Peninsula & Indonesia Cruise, which takes in

Bali, Kuala Lumpur, Penang in Malaysia, Phuket in Thailand, then back to Singapore In Nov . Had a great time we used private drivers

Could you please email me any information on private drivers in Indonesia. We'll be on HAL in February and will visit: Jakarta, Semarang, Benoa (Bali), Lembar (Lombok), Ujung Padang (Sulawesi) and Surabaya. Also, any beach recommendations in Bali.

thx a bunch. KaPo-99@hotmail.com

• 4 weeks later...