Jade Mediterranean from Rome -> Greece -> Turkey pics report (Nov 27 - Dec 7, 2013)

thamanrp

We took the Mediterranean cruise on the Jade from Nov 27 - Dec 7, 2013. The itineraries were;

Civitavecchia/Rome, Italy

Katakolon, Greece

Piraeus/Athens, Greece

Izmir, Turkey

Istanbul, Turkey (overnight)

Naples, Italy

I'm still sorting through pics but here are some that I have finished.

Note: My cameras are Nikon D600 with 14-24mm lens and iPhone 5S (mostly panorama shots since I'm too lazy to stitch the pictures)

Rome - pre-cruise

We arrived two days before the cruise. The weather was very cold for us (we are from Southern California) in the 40's. We have been to Rome before so we took it somewhat easy with the sightseeing. Here are some of the Rome pics pre-cruise:

Trevi Fountain at night - no tourist!

600_6698.jpg

Empty Spanish Steps

600_6741.jpg

Pantheon

600_6747.jpg

600_6757.jpg

This would have been packed in the summer

600_6773.jpg

600_6768.jpg

We arrived at 9am (when it started at 10:30am) but all the seats were taken already

600_6909.jpg

The Pope came out around 9:30am to greet the audience

600_6942.jpg

600_6950.jpg

Wife took this pic with her iPhone. Notice how happy the people in this picture

IMG_0047.jpg

Jam packed St. Peter’s Square

600_6963.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

Wow, your photos are spectacular! We would love to be able to use some of these as posts on our social media sites. Please email us at socialmedia@ncl.com to let us know if you would be willing to let us post these (and we will be sure to give you credit). Also, we would love to have you post them as well to our Facebook page at http://www.ncl.com/facebook. Thank you for Cruising Like a Norwegian and for capturing and sharing these amazing memories!

Wow, your photos are spectacular! We would love to be able to use some of these as posts on our social media sites. Please email us at socialmedia@ncl.com to let us know if you would be willing to let us post these (and we will be sure to give you credit). Also, we would love to have you post them as well to our Facebook page at www.ncl.com/facebook. Thank you for Cruising Like a Norwegian and for capturing and sharing these amazing memories!

WOW - great that NCL noticed your wonderful pictures! Lucky you :D

CT

Wow, thank you everyone for the kind comments!

After the cruise we had a full day in Rome before our flight. So we went to the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and the Vatican Museum. I wish we had more time in each place specially the Vatican Museum. We are no art lover but all the paintings in the museum are just amazing. We could have spent the whole day there and won’t get bored.

Note: Colosseum tickets – get them in advance or at the Palantine ticket office. Eventhough it was a low tourist season in Rome the line to get in was probably at least an hour long. I walked to the Palantine office and there were like only two people in front of me.

Vatican Museum – definitely get tickets online. There were a lot of people. I can’t imagine what it would be like in the summer. We spent the whole afternoon there but still rushed through a lot of stuff. Highly recommend.

Colosseum

600_9208.jpg

First glimpse inside the Colosseum

600_9087.jpg

Panorama Shot

600_9090-Edit.jpg

600_9116.jpg

More Panorama Shots

600_9158-Edit.jpg

600_9171-Edit.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

We have been on the Jade's sister, the Pearl, a few times so we didn't take that many pics of the Jade. Here are some of the pics.

Jade docking at Katakolon, Greece

600_7209.jpg

Our Room

600_6988.jpg

600_7001.jpg

600_6997.jpg

600_6998.jpg

Balcony - Notice the paint falling off. I didn't see any in the neighbor cabins...so it must be our luck.

600_7007.jpg