Jade Mediterranean from Rome -> Greece -> Turkey pics report (Nov 27 - Dec 7, 2013)

thamanrp

We'll be on the Jade in May. Can't wait!! Your pictures in Amalfi are absolutely stunning! I was thinking about just bringing my 50mm lens because I use it the most, but after seeing your photos maybe I should bring my wide angle lens also. It's just so heavy!

Definitely bring your wide angle lens. My lens is pretty wide and I still had to do a few panorama shots to get everything in.

She's got great eyes but the gear, Nikon d600 with the 12-24mm lens, isn't bad either :)

Thanks! :-)

I just got off Norwegian Jade this weekend on the same 10-day itinerary that you did.

Your brilliant photos were a great way for me to find out about the ports prior to getting on board Norwegian Jade. Now that I am back home, your photos are a wonderful reminder of the beauty of the sights in Italy, Greece and Turkey.

Hope you had a great time and good weather.

Wonderful pictures and review.

Doing all the stops on your own did you run into any language barriers? It is one of my concerns traveling as we only speak English. It seems maybe my worrying is unfounded?

Not at all. The tour bus operators (in Katakolon) to Olympia were all speaking English. Taxi driver in Athens should know where all the attractions are. You just tell them the name. Istanbul can be easily done on your own and people there were really friendly.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...