It's just plain rude!

nealstuber

I always find it funny how some people feel the need to police everything that other people do, but then fail to realise that, by doing so, they're just as irritating. "

I find it irritating when posters exaggerate. I note one issue in 13 years on this board and suddenly I'm policing everything. How does one issue amount to everything? And how does calling rudeness rude amount to policing?

I find it irritating when posters exaggerate. I note one issue in 13 years on this board and suddenly I'm policing everything. How does one issue amount to everything? And how does calling rudeness rude amount to policing?

I don't know, but at first glance of your avatar picture, I had flashbacks of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine had her Christmas card slip. :D I know these picture are small and hard to see, but....just sayn'. ;)

I don't know, but at first glance of your avatar picture, I had flashbacks of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine had her Christmas card slip. :D I know these picture are small and hard to see, but....just sayn'. ;)

Now that you mention it .... Merry Christmas!:)

Are you trying to use a reference to a 21 year old TV show to humiliate my wife because of an Avitar picture I have been using for at least 4 years?

I note one issue in 13 years on this board and suddenly I'm policing everything. How does one issue amount to everything? And how does calling rudeness rude amount to policing?

Ok, then I change my comment to:

I find it funny how YOU feel the need to tell people where to sit in case they decide to leave a show, but then fail to realise that, by doing so, YOU'RE just as irritating.

There ya go – not one word about "everything" or "policing."

Ok, then I change my comment to:

I find it funny how YOU feel the need to tell people where to sit in case they decide to leave a show, but then fail to realise that, by doing so, YOU'RE just as irritating.

There ya go – not one word about "everything" or "policing."

You're quite the charmer yourself. When did YOU become the police of my opinion?

Are you trying to use a reference to a 21 year old TV show to humiliate my wife because of an Avitar picture I have been using for at least 4 years?

No, and I sincerely apologize if you took it that way. I took a chance by making a joke to lighten the mood. I meant no malice by it. :o

Incidentally, speaking from experience, with the stage lights in your face, it's pretty hard for a performer to see anything past the first couple of rows. At least for someone who is moving about the stage. For someone staying still, like a comedian, they might see more if they are looking for it.

People leaving during a show is more distracting to fellow audience members. Which is why in theatres where they have ushers, they won't let you to your seat until there is a break in the performance.

I do know on Allure Ken Rush was annoyed by people walking out and would call them out

I do believe I would be rather offended if one of those useless cruise director windbags tried to embarrass me in front of a crowd. The best thing a cruise director can ever do is sit down and shut up. Cruising would be enhanced without them. Are there really so many people that can't figure out how to enjoy themselves without some nitwit cheerleader spoon feeding them all day long?

I do believe I would be rather offended if one of those useless cruise director windbags tried to embarrass me in front of a crowd. The best thing a cruise director can ever do is sit down and shut up. Cruising would be enhanced without them. Are there really so many people that can't figure out how to enjoy themselves without some nitwit cheerleader spoon feeding them all day long?

I dunno....personally, I don't know how I can survive without some bag 'o wind telling me where to buy overpriced diamonds in ___________ (enter Carribean port here) every 2 seconds:rolleyes:

nealstuber-You may as well give this one up. Most are not understanding what you are saying and/or turning it into something else. However you are correct in that its rude to sit down in front or middle if you know you plan(or possibly going to) to just walk out. Sit in the back or in the balcony its common courtesy.

Thanks for my laugh of the day:D

nealstuber-You may as well give this one up. Most are not understanding what you are saying and/or turning it into something else..

I conceded the point two pages ago. I'm just getting a kick out of people being so easily offended because they think I was so offended. I felt bad for the performers and I have a concern that show quality will deteriorate to Carnival levels. If the theater starts off 3/4ths full and ends up half full - might as well close off the lower level and turn it in to Cabins (like CCL did to the Destiny). By the number of negative comments on the shows here, it seems like there is a downward spiral that might come from the shows being a less central part of the evening.

Edited by nealstuber

Well, Neal, I agree with you that leaping out of your seat in the middle of the middle row is a little rude to other passengers and most especially to the performers. But I don't see what MTD's got to do with it (got to do with it, got to do with it;)) People leave the theater

-to line up early for early seating (why? I do not know)

-to leave the theater before the CD starts yammering on about bingo

-they have a reservation or plans to meet someone somewhere else on board

-because they are bored, tired, have restless leg syndrome or have to pee

So while I agree it's a great idea for people with short attention spans, weak bladders, jumpy legs, or reservations, to sit in the balcony or rear of the theater, (as I always do, since at any time I may suffer from any one of these ailments...especially boredom) I still can't figure out why this would be a problem caused by MTD reservations??

Watch it sister!:D. I heart Bingo!:D

Tara