Now that is a nasty shock

windsor26

This is BAD they are Forcing us to purchase soda card and I do not want tyo do so as it makes mne drink more than I ordinarily would.

Lost me here. How does getting a soda sticker "make" one drink more? If you buy a sticker, do they tie you to a chair and force a nozzle down your throat? If you want to consume, say, 30 oz of soda in a day, and you prefer soda from a dispenser, then get a sticker and stop ordering after you have reached your limit. Just because a sticker entitles you to unlimited soda does not mean that you have to test the limits of human endurance.

While the price is the same, what I think the original poster is saying is that the they made him drink the whole can full, via pressure by security and other crew staff, whether he cared too or not. Perhaps they even resorted to an IV on occasion to ensure full completion of said soda.

Man such actions could certainly spoil a person's day at sea.

SAS

I'm weird and always ask for soda without ice, whether it's home or on the ship. I don't like the soda being diluted as the ice melts. :)

I agree with Pam on this issue. Also, basically, you get a better deal by the can if you only have one or less soda's per day. Else, buy the card (sticker). Princess has always been like that (card - soda tap, no soda card - can). On Princess Quay you can only buy by the can even if you have a soda card.

No charge for water unless you want a bottle. And, it's better for you (especally if served with coffee....)

Edited by Pythian

The main reason why they use cans is that they simply cannot produce enough potable water onboard to supply the demand that would result from using exclusively soda fountains. They have relatively limited capacities to produce and store drinking water. Capacity will just do for the number of passengers purchasing beverage cards.

The main reason why they use cans is that they simply cannot produce enough potable water onboard to supply the demand that would result from using exclusively soda fountains. They have relatively limited capacities to produce and store drinking water. Capacity will just do for the number of passengers purchasing beverage cards.

I did not think they produced cabonated water on board.

Is this an over-the-top attempt at humor?

What I don't understand is the logic of not selling a gun soda without the soda card; the profit would be higher on a gun soda if the price is the same as a can.:confused:

I can think of a couple reasons. The first is accounting. By use of cans they can track exactly how much soda is sold in individual sales. By keeping the two types of consumption separate they can track use much better and keep plan consumption and individual sales consumption separate.

A second reason is to prevent free refills on individual sales. When gets a glass with a card, they check the first time the glass is filled. If you go back to the bar and ask for a refill they don't usually check. Their assumption is that if you had a class of soda you must be on the plan.