If you had only one cruise per year?

gordylad

I usually only get to take 1 cruise per year.

2014 - Antarctica

2015 - Tahiti

2016 - Baltics w/ overnight in St. Petersburg

2017 - Amazon River

There are other places I want to see, but I don't know when I'll get to them. I want to take a Nile River cruise, and a few river cruises in Europe. I really want to do a cruise around Australia and New Zealand, but I need at least 3 weeks of vacation for that.

When we DID only one cruise a year, it was always to the Southern Caribbean, most often leaving from San Juan. After several years of Southern Caribbean, it never became boring. Once we could cruise more often, we'll add something different for the second cruise, i.e. Med or Coastal California/Mexico. We are NOT tourists, but are simply travelers. Neither of us enjoys touring much. Again, if we could only do once a year, it's still Caribbean, especially Southern. Antigua is our favorite beach island.

Which beach do you love in Antigua? We were there only once and the cab drivers' prices were so outragious that we ended up remaining on the ship!

Sorry to hijack!

In answer to your question, I think a lot depends on where the poster lives. If it is in a cold place, probably a warm weather cruise in winter would be the #1 choice.

My favourite cruise, ever, was the one to the fjords. Gorgeous! Perfect destination for a ship!

Edited by Can'tstopcruising

Regarding " Valley Church Beach" or "Darkwood (a favorite haunt of ours) on Antigua.... you can get there for only $1.50 (one way). In fact, we just did it last week. Simply walk to the bus station (walk out of the port..up to the main street...turn left...and walk for a few blocks and stay on the street that is on the water-side of the market). Once you get to the bus station just get on the #20 bus and tell the driver that you want Valley Church (or Darkwood). You can also get back on the same bus line by waiting at the bus stop along the main road outside of those beaches. The #20 bus runs about every 20-30 min....although one can never depend on them keeping to an exact schedule.

One reason some prefer Darkwood is that it is usually less crowded and does have an area where one can snorkel (you need your own equipment) if the winds and seas are relatively calm.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Agreeing with the above posters on Valley Church Beach. We used to go to Dickenson Bay next door to Sandals, but after a severe storm, the beach was eroded and we were advised not to go there. We once went to Pineapple Beach (all-inclusive day pass), but the beach seemed quite "dirty" and narrow. We may try Darkwood at some point, but we do like visual action on the beach, plus snorkeling. Snorkeling was fine at VCB, though, for me.

Two weeks on a Celebrity ship over Xmas and New Years. We will be on the Century for 15 nights this year. This makes 12 years in a row we have spent the holidays at sea. A white Xmas includes walking on a white sand beach in 80 degree weather.

Some where in the garage are holiday decorations, I think? No shopping, no gifts, no tree, no relatives, no snow, no craziness.

Cheers!

Kel:)

Two weeks on a Celebrity ship over Xmas and New Years. We will be on the Century for 15 nights this year. This makes 12 years in a row we have spent the holidays at sea. A white Xmas includes walking on a white sand beach in 80 degree weather.

Some where in the garage are holiday decorations, I think? No shopping, no gifts, no tree, no relatives, no snow, no craziness.

Cheers!

Kel:)

We like to go on Christmas and New Year on a cruise, however we also like to spend some hollidays with our large extended family. This year is time to be with our family:)

Thanks. For future reference' date=' is there any shade? Facilities? Thanks[/quote']

They have umbrellas & loungers for rent ($15 for all), washrooms, fresh water shower, and a small beer & food shack! The food was excellent & not expensive! You will love it there! :D

We like to go on Christmas and New Year on a cruise, however we also like to spend some hollidays with our large extended family. This year is time to be with our family:)

We get together other times of the year, but for some, the Holidays are a special time (I get that):)

My wife, who is an HS English teacher says, "you can't use family and vacation in the same sentence". LOL -- we love this time of the year!

Kel