Why isn't Key West and the Bahama's an option for the Navigator out of Galveston?

Ladysilver

Personally, I'm ready for something different. I only cruise from Galveston.:rolleyes:

I'm guessing that a Voyager class ship in Key West is a tight fit. Not sure about Bahamas, but maybe too much fuel consumption for that itinerary.

I'm guessing that a Voyager class ship in Key West is a tight fit. Not sure about Bahamas, but maybe too much fuel consumption for that itinerary.

On that subject, this has been speculation for awhile. I think it was sometime this past year Mariner (same class as Navigator) did a "touch and go" at KeyWest on her way from one place to another. It was reported, or rumored that RC was investigating the possibility of bringing this class to Key west. If/When Majesty is sold off this may come up again.

Personally, I'm ready for something different. I only cruise from Galveston.:rolleyes:

I would imagine cruises out of Galveston will stay west, eliminating the Bahamas. Ref Key West, I don't have an answer for that yet. The ship will fit, as proven by them bringing Mariner into port a while ago. Plus, all the Carnival Dream Class ships, which are about the same size, have been here.

My first cruise out of Galveston on Rhapsody went to Key West (and Cozumel, Grand Cayman). I really enjoyed that itinerary and wish they would bring it back.

NOLA does go to Key West with a Radiance class ship. They also go to Coco Cay and Nassau. I do enjoy those two ports, but preferred the Western Caribbean with Key West thrown in.

My first cruise out of Galveston on Rhapsody went to Key West (and Cozumel, Grand Cayman). I really enjoyed that itinerary and wish they would bring it back.

That was our itinerary on the Rhapsody also. That's why I've always wanted to go back. :)

I wish so also..

NOLA does go to Key West with a Radiance class ship. They also go to Coco Cay and Nassau. I do enjoy those two ports, but preferred the Western Caribbean with Key West thrown in.

The Radiance Class ship that visits Key West, Brilliance, is out of Tampa, not NOLA.

The ship that visits Key West that also includes Coco Cay and Nassau is the Majesty out of Miami.

The Radiance Class ship that visits Key West, Brilliance, is out of Tampa, not NOLA.

The ship that visits Key West that also includes Coco Cay and Nassau is the Majesty out of Miami.

Serenade is the ship visits Key West from NOLA. and Coco Cay too. Love my NOLA!!!:D Who Dat!!

Serenade is the ship visits Key West from NOLA. and Coco Cay too. Love my NOLA!!!:D Who Dat!!

Ah ha! I had to look that one up because Brilliance has been the only Radiance ship I've seen in port. Thanks for the info. That's a great cruise! :)

Sorry reney. :o

Edited by Aquahound

Funny this came up. I've been lurking on RCCL website for that Serenade cruise and trying to talk myself into the 7 hour drive to NOLA. If only RCCL would sail alternating cruises to the west and to the east on the Navigator my problem would be solved and my drive would be 4 1/2 hours. LOL!!

Carnival cruise line sailing out of Galveston offers the itinerary you mentioned. We hope that RCI will add it to their future itineraries. We would love to go back but prefer sailing on RCI.

I would rather do without going to Key West and the Bahama's than ever go on another Carnival cruise (bad experience). I'll stick to Royal. :D

I'm glad you brought this up. We also prefer sailing out of Galveston and would love to see some new itineraries … Costa Maya, Bahamas, Key West to mention a few. We'd even enjoy a stop in New Orleans for that matter.

Our May cruise on the Nav is going to Costa Maya

I would like to see the Nav go to Key West/Bahamas as well

Carnival does and Disney use to :confused:

Our May cruise on the Nav is going to Costa Maya

I would like to see the Nav go to Key West/Bahamas as well

Carnival does and Disney use to :confused:

When I went out of NOLA on Grandeur, years ago...I believe that cruise was Costa Maya, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman. I would love to go back to Costa Maya as well. It does look like it has become more commercial, which is a shame. I really loved the "undeveloped" port stop.

Ah ha! I had to look that one up because Brilliance has been the only Radiance ship I've seen in port. Thanks for the info. That's a great cruise! :)

Sorry reney. :o

Ha! No worries, although I feel pretty smart now. :D

I wouldn't expect someone living in Florida to know an itinerary out of NOLA. That port is about a 10 hour drive from me...with Galveston being about an hour or so more. Unfortunately, those are the closest ports and barely in driving distance so I do check on their itineraries often. I was surprised to see the all Bahamas Itinerary out of NOLA. If I want that, I think I would prefer to go to Florida. But I really would enjoy the Key West stop followed by the Western side. If I recall correctly, that stop in Key West was later in the day and docked until late night so we were able to enjoy the nightlife.

Funny this came up. I've been lurking on RCCL website for that Serenade cruise and trying to talk myself into the 7 hour drive to NOLA. If only RCCL would sail alternating cruises to the west and to the east on the Navigator my problem would be solved and my drive would be 4 1/2 hours. LOL!!

Hey, girl! Would Amtrak be an option for you? I just did it and it was fabulous. :D So was Key West! I'm about halfway through my review, but, you're not in it this time. :(

I'm glad you brought this up. We also prefer sailing out of Galveston and would love to see some new itineraries … Costa Maya, Bahamas, Key West to mention a few. We'd even enjoy a stop in New Orleans for that matter.

What I should have said is that I wish Costa Maya would be on an "every other" itinerary out of Galveston … just wish RCI would mix it up a bit!

Our first cruise was on the Rhapsody and those were our ports!!! We loved the Rhapsody only on her twice! Our next 2 are out of NOLA.